Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Huggins

Featured Replies

40 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

How about this curveball.  Some podcaster, denouncing what Huggins said played on his podcast the full interview to show the context of Huggins slurs.

The parent company that owned the platform of the podcaster, told him he is no longer able to be a podcaster on their platform.  Zero Tolerance regarding "Hate Speech" regardless if he was using Huggins interview to denounce it!

What weird times we live in.

 

Reminds me of some books in school libraries that can't be read aloud in public forums.  

We definitely live in weird times. 

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • makeitSnappy
    makeitSnappy

    Trish Macke is on the scene, live at WV tonight, only on FOX19.

  • The reality is using the slur he used was commonplace (for better or worse) up until not long ago. And that's fine, but this shows he is so out of touch with the world and has not evolved or he simply

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Either Huggs is gone, or WVU will hire Thom Brennaman to do play by play on their games next year.

22 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I wish I could add a poll this conversation:

a) Truly just an honest slip of the tongue, bad humor mistake?

b) Huggins showing his true colors?

I am going with B, looks like @nkypeteis with me on B, @Voice of Reasonis going with A

 

What's the old saying? When someone tells you who they are you should believe them.

The reality is using the slur he used was commonplace (for better or worse) up until not long ago. And that's fine, but this shows he is so out of touch with the world and has not evolved or he simply does not care. I can't decide which is worse.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

The reality is using the slur he used was commonplace (for better or worse) up until not long ago. And that's fine, but this shows he is so out of touch with the world and has not evolved or he simply does not care. I can't decide which is worse.

Or both. ?‍♀️

I've always respected Huggins because he calls things as he sees them. But with that being said, I know of no other coach who gets the publicity he does with the results he's had over the last thirty some years. He's had zero championships and only 2 final fours. Ky. fans would have sold his house by now.?

HE gets the positive publicity he gets because he wines and dines the sports reporters, much like Bill Self. I honestly can't believe he wasn't fired with cause. Defenders will say " He's losing 3 million dollars", I respond with "What is 3 million over the course of 30 years getting paid serious money?". I am a union employee and I would be extremely hard pressed not to lose my job if I dropped that F bomb in front of the wrong people. 

That being said, what if he would've used any other religion instead of Catholicism? 

5 hours ago, Breds82 said:

HE gets the positive publicity he gets because he wines and dines the sports reporters, much like Bill Self. I honestly can't believe he wasn't fired with cause. Defenders will say " He's losing 3 million dollars", I respond with "What is 3 million over the course of 30 years getting paid serious money?". I am a union employee and I would be extremely hard pressed not to lose my job if I dropped that F bomb in front of the wrong people. 

That being said, what if he would've used any other religion instead of Catholicism? 

Darn, Huggins and Self must be very busy wining and dining all the sports reporters.

Huggins making WVU look good again!

Nearly 3 times the .08 level of intoxication at .210.

 No way he keeps his job now.    Another DUI shows he hasn’t learned a thing after his first pop in Cincinnati.  Can’t teach an old dog new tricks, you just fire them.  

C-ya Huggs!

Like I posted in May, he's his own worst enemy.  I was surprised he survived the prior issue, no way he survives now.

Looks like this could be the end for Huggins. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.