Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Huggins

Featured Replies

24 minutes ago, OlDog75 said:

I had thought interviews were on a delayed broadcast for that reason, in case someone uttered something they shouldn't.  This time I don't think the radio media is to blame.  When I listened to the interview, Cunningham was obviously surprised because there was a pause, kind of like he couldn't believe what he just heard but then Huggs stated it again.  No, I don't blame the folks at 700WLW, they didn't tell Huggs what to say.  Just my opinion.

They are on a delay.  Someone says something not appropriate, you hit a button and you cut the delay and everything said in 10 seconds is gone.   That didn't happen.  Even if they were all in shock, the interview should have been ended.  Cunningham laughing it off and adding fuel to Huggins' comments should never have happened.  If no one behind the glass could grasp that, Bill should have.  No one has any excuses in this.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • makeitSnappy
    makeitSnappy

    Trish Macke is on the scene, live at WV tonight, only on FOX19.

  • The reality is using the slur he used was commonplace (for better or worse) up until not long ago. And that's fine, but this shows he is so out of touch with the world and has not evolved or he simply

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Either Huggs is gone, or WVU will hire Thom Brennaman to do play by play on their games next year.

22 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I’m speechless if this turns out to be true.

Why? Is there zero tolerance for mistakes? Or do you think it is bad because it is an issue WVU basketball cannot overcome with Huggins as coach there?

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Why? Is there zero tolerance for mistakes? Or do you think it is bad because it is an issue WVU basketball cannot overcome with Huggins as coach there?

I listened to the 2 minutes of that broadcast containing the comments.  It was not a mistake in my opinion.  I could sense the deep seeded bias and distain for Xavier to the point of using very inappropriate language.  He knew what he was saying.  Maybe he forgot where he was (live on the radio) or maybe he didn't care.  Definitely not an "oops", but something very intentional.

10 minutes ago, nkypete said:

I listened to the 2 minutes of that broadcast containing the comments.  It was not a mistake in my opinion.  I could sense the deep seeded bias and distain for Xavier to the point of using very inappropriate language.  He knew what he was saying.  Maybe he forgot where he was (live on the radio) or maybe he didn't care.  Definitely not an "oops", but something very intentional.

I have little doubt Huggins has deep disdain for XU. He still knows better than to use that term on air. It was a mistake.

  • Author

I wish I could add a poll this conversation:

a) Truly just an honest slip of the tongue, bad humor mistake?

b) Huggins showing his true colors?

I am going with B, looks like @nkypeteis with me on B, @Voice of Reasonis going with A

 

45 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I wish I could add a poll this conversation:

a) Truly just an honest slip of the tongue, bad humor mistake?

b) Huggins showing his true colors?

I am going with B, looks like @nkypeteis with me on B, @Voice of Reasonis going with A

 

He said the offensive word twice.  

16 minutes ago, nkypete said:

He said the offensive word twice.  

After an obvious awkward pause.

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I wish I could add a poll this conversation:

a) Truly just an honest slip of the tongue, bad humor mistake?

b) Huggins showing his true colors?

I am going with B, looks like @nkypeteis with me on B, @Voice of Reasonis going with A

 

I am more B than A. He knows he shouldn't use that term in public even if it is his "true colors".  I think he made the mistake of being too comfortable talking with Willie and let it fly.

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have little doubt Huggins has deep disdain for XU. He still knows better than to use that term on air. It was a mistake.

Once I would buy as a mistake, but he said it twice so he knew darn well what he was saying.  As of now, West Virginia has dropped the ball.

On 5/9/2023 at 6:08 AM, OlDog75 said:

Who will be the next WVU men's basketball head coach?

WVU didn't fire him.  1 mil salary cut, used as donation to Carruth Center and other organizations.  Three game suspension and sensitivity training.  He's lucky, he may also catch some crowd flak next season wherever WVU plays.

  • Author

How about this curveball.  Some podcaster, denouncing what Huggins said played on his podcast the full interview to show the context of Huggins slurs.

The parent company that owned the platform of the podcaster, told him he is no longer able to be a podcaster on their platform.  Zero Tolerance regarding "Hate Speech" regardless if he was using Huggins interview to denounce it!

What wierd times we live in.

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.