Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caitlin Clark

Featured Replies

11 hours ago, theguru said:

Is it just me or does it feel like a lot of past female star athletes are anti-Caitlin Clark?

 

It's sad and it feels like there is a narrative.  Pretty sure someone just stated the only way the WNBA grows, is with support from Women, yet here we are. 

  • Replies 167
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I was very impressed by Coach Staley.  

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Gabbie Marshall, senior from Cincinnati Mt. Notre Dame  I didn't hear the commentary but the thing people outside Cincinnati need to know is it really is chili sauce, not chili. It is its own cre

Posted Images

6 hours ago, theguru said:

I was very impressed by Coach Staley.  

love.jpg

Staley just doesn't do it for me.  That's the right thing for her to say, just not sure she means it.

 

With that said I've liked Staley at times, but less and less lately. 

Just listened to Coach on the Today show.  Like her even more.  Speaking of Caitlin lifting the game….”to those that are given much, much is expected and she is handling it wonderfully”.  Classy and sincerely well said.

10 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Staley just doesn't do it for me.  That's the right thing for her to say, just not sure she means it.

 

With that said I've liked Staley at times, but less and less lately. 

I just started paying attention so I am sure what I think right now and what I may think after a couple of more years of paying attention may be different.

She was "heavy" on God and it also sounds like she lets her players get away with a lot.  

Isn't she some new wave version of Phil Jackson? 

10 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

It's sad and it feels like there is a narrative.  Pretty sure someone just stated the only way the WNBA grows, is with support from Women, yet here we are. 

Disagree.  I want to watch the WNBA more than ever before to see who is right?  The old heads or Caitlin.   It’s going to be great entertainment.  I don’t understand why folks are so bent out of shape about what the old heads are saying?   Why do we hold women to different standards than men? 
 

Men talk trash all the time and we tune in to see who backs it up.  This is no different.  I’ve never been this excited to watch the WNBA before.  
 

They are selling their league IMO.  

37 minutes ago, theguru said:

I just started paying attention so I am sure what I think right now and what I may think after a couple of more years of paying attention may be different.

She was "heavy" on God and it also sounds like she let's her players get away with a lot.  

Isn't she some new wave version of Phil Jackson? 

What do her players get away with?  

9 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

What do her players get away with?  

I can's say specifically but from one of her interviews she is definitely hands off and made a comment about letting young people be themselves.  Whatever she is doing, it works. 

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

I can's say specifically but from one of her interviews she is definitely hands off and made a comment about letting young people be themselves.  Whatever she is doing, it works. 

One thing I noticed is her players absolutely love her.  
 

I don’t feel like Kim Mulkey gets the same love from her players.  

1 minute ago, PurplePride92 said:

One thing I noticed is her players absolutely love her.  

I agree!  

Women's college hoops has to be at an all time peak and I love it!

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I agree!  

Women's college hoops has to be at an all time peak and I love it!

Agreed!  And Caitlin Clark is a large part of that. She’s so much fun to watch.  As a Kobe guy I absolutely hate that we won’t get to see his daughter play as she would have undoubtedly pushed the women’s game even higher.  

11 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

It's sad and it feels like there is a narrative.  Pretty sure someone just stated the only way the WNBA grows, is with support from Women, yet here we are. 

I know right.

So I was out in an a very nice bar in Montgomery, OH Friday night and they had the game on every TV.  There was live music and normal bar activity but there were numerous people watching this game both inside and on the TV outside.  That experience alone tells me whatever the official viewership number is, it is way low.  Either way, while the game is going this regular female customer of the bar (standing right outside under the tv) decides to go on an anti-Caitlin Clark rant during the second half of the Iowa/UConn game. She announces to everyone she was a D1 athlete (former Volleyball player at UC) and then she says to everyone, you know what the problem with women's college sports is, to which I channel my inner Deuce and say, "Women Don't Support it!"  She stops dead in her tracks and just looks at me.  Then she agrees, then she goes on with some Clark did this, Clark acts like that rampage.  So I chime in with, Caitlin Clark says she wants her legacy to be the impact she has on young kids in Iowa.  The "hater" stops dead in her tracks and I got the nod from all the others around and that was it. 

My point there is not the "dramatic" story (but the story is true) it is just that I can't believe all the hate, especially from women, OMG...

Is it me and my low tech, but men’s semifinals on TBS, TRU and TNT whiles women’s semifinal on ESPN?  Or did I miss the men’s broadcast on a more visible network?

6 minutes ago, Oldercoach said:

Is it me and my low tech, but men’s semifinals on TBS, TRU and TNT whiles women’s semifinal on ESPN?  Or did I miss the men’s broadcast on a more visible network?

Women's broadcast for the championship was on ABC.

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

Women's broadcast for the championship was on ABC.

It was also on ESPN and I think ESPN 2 had the game and the Sue Bird Diana Turasi podcast thing.  I only watched the ABC cast, So I don't know if ESPN was the same thing or it differed in some way.   Will be interesting to see the numbers when they are released.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.