Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caitlin Clark

Featured Replies

  • Replies 167
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I was very impressed by Coach Staley.  

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Gabbie Marshall, senior from Cincinnati Mt. Notre Dame  I didn't hear the commentary but the thing people outside Cincinnati need to know is it really is chili sauce, not chili. It is its own cre

Posted Images

9 hours ago, theguru said:

recordbreaker.jpg

Men topped out at, I think 14 mil.   Granted they were only on the TBS, TNT Tru combo and not over one of the big 4 like the women were on ABC.   Maybe simulcasting on CBS garners another 4 million, but probably not.    This was the women's Magic/Bird moment.   It may have jumped from a tournament to an Event.   Must watch TV.   It's up to the NCAA, and Disney (ESPN and ABC) to keep the momentum.

10 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

It's up to the NCAA, and Disney (ESPN and ABC) to keep the momentum.

Caitlin Clark is the sole reason for those numbers. There's nothing the NCAA or ESPN/Disney can do to replicate them without CC coming back. 

Will the numbers trend up? I'm sure they will a bit, but CC is a generational player. When she's gone, so will be the numbers. 

Hopefully Caitlin inspires a Steph Effect in women's basketball. I'll bet there are hundreds or maybe thousands of girls this summer trying to put up 1,000 shots a day just like Caitlin does. I think we'll see more girls playing in her style coming into the college game over the next few years. 

That will be her legacy.

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Caitlin Clark is the sole reason for those numbers. There's nothing the NCAA or ESPN/Disney can do to replicate them without CC coming back. 

Will the numbers trend up? I'm sure they will a bit, but CC is a generational player. When she's gone, so will be the numbers. 

No doubt she was generational, but there are other marketable players out there.    Hana Hidalgo, Paige Bueckers and JuJu Watkins are all players they can use to get and keep elevated audiences and continue to advance the game.   The marketing machine just needs to work.

2 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Hopefully Caitlin inspires a Steph Effect in women's basketball. I'll bet there are hundreds or maybe thousands of girls this summer trying to put up 1,000 shots a day just like Caitlin does. I think we'll see more girls playing in her style coming into the college game over the next few years. 

That will be her legacy.

Which is what she has stated she wanted her legacy to be.

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Caitlin Clark is the sole reason for those numbers. There's nothing the NCAA or ESPN/Disney can do to replicate them without CC coming back. 

Will the numbers trend up? I'm sure they will a bit, but CC is a generational player. When she's gone, so will be the numbers. 

I agree with you Deuce.

How do you see Clark's impact on the WNBA going?  I see a bump at first for her games but beyond that I am thinking not much. 

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I agree with you Deuce.

How do you see Clark's impact on the WNBA going?  I see a bump at first for her games but beyond that I am thinking not much. 

I would agree. Initially of course the numbers will skyrocket, mostly because nobody watches the WNBA. 

Long term is TBD. If she gets to the WNBA and doesn't put up the video game numbers we're used to, the impact will dwindle over time. 

  • Author
On 4/11/2024 at 12:47 PM, theguru said:

I agree with you Deuce.

How do you see Clark's impact on the WNBA going?  I see a bump at first for her games but beyond that I am thinking not much. 

It's pretty evident that there is a great deal of jealousy by the current players and former players. Most of that is because no matter how great they were or are they have not been able to drive the game like Clark has. She seems to have been very fortunate to have escaped injury. Was it just me or did she take a couple hits on those long range bombs in the semis and finals? Everyday coaches preach don't foul the jump shooter. I'm afraid someone will decide to pound on her to limit her effectiveness and to prove they are the show. Just my take. I hope she can help make the WNBA a more valuable product.

On 4/10/2024 at 7:51 PM, Tranquility Base said:

We will definitely be going.

Just scored my tickets.   July 12 vs the Phoenix Mercury.   It's close to the Olympics so hopefully everyone is playing.   I know the league pauses during the Paris games, so hunch says everyone is in the lineup.

Her skit on SNL weekend update was pretty good!

2 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Her skit on SNL weekend update was pretty good!

Missed it.  Largely because I haven't watched SNL in about 25 or 30 years.   LOL

3 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Missed it.  Largely because I haven't watched SNL in about 25 or 30 years.   LOL

I don't watch either, but Chris Stapleton was on last night. As I was zipping through the show to his performance I saw her and stopped. ? 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.