Caitlin Clark

If you watched her play in the Louisville and South Carolina games I feel you could make a case that she is the best player in all of college basketball this year. Not only is she a terrific scorer, but she makes her teammates better. Those last few free throws were so pure. I've watched her several times this year. I know the men's and women's game are very different but she is really a fine player in all aspects of the game.

10 hours ago, 9068 said:

If you watched her play in the Louisville and South Carolina games I feel you could make a case that she is the best player in all of college basketball this year. Not only is she a terrific scorer, but she makes her teammates better. Those last few free throws were so pure. I've watched her several times this year. I know the men's and women's game are very different but she is really a fine player in all aspects of the game.

I don’t follow woman’s basketball to closely. However, wasn’t she considered the best player in woman’s basketball coming into this season? I know she was amazing last year too. 

Or did you mean she is the best basketball player in college basketball this year in both men’s and woman’s?

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

I don’t follow woman’s basketball to closely. However, wasn’t she considered the best player in woman’s basketball coming into this season? I know she was amazing last year too. 

Or did you mean she is the best basketball player in college basketball this year in both men’s and woman’s?

I think overall the best player in men's and women's.  She makes everyone better and can totally take over a game. The games are very different, but from a basketball perspective she's unbelievable.

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

I think overall the best player in men's and women's.  She makes everyone better and can totally take over a game. The games are very different, but from a basketball perspective she's unbelievable.

I definitely would agree that she is the most valuable player to her team in men’s or woman’s. Her play is the reason why they are where they are. Which she has to do that every game for her team to have a shot to win. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/12/2023 at 10:56 PM, Tranquility Base said:

She inked an NIL deal with Gatorade.  Wonder if that's enough $$ to keep her at Iowa for another season?

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/I'd/39096683/iowa-star-player-caitlin-clark-signs-nil-deal-gatorade

It wasn't.   She has announced she's leaving Iowa after the season and entering the 2024 NBA Draft.  She will be college basketball's all time leading scorer when she's done and short of winning an NCAA title, she has nothing left to prove in college.    

She pushed women's college basketball into the limelight and made it national must watch TV.   Now we'll see if she can do the same for the WNBA.   I"m sure the Clarkies will follow.    

It's also going to be interesting to see if women's college basketball can harness the energy she brought and can keep it moving forward.

GHiMa4sWEAAIEzP.jpeg

A little info on today's game as she and Iowa take on Ohio State one of the officials for today's game is Bruce Morris. He is noted as making the longest shot ever in the NCAA when he was at Marshall University the shot was 89' 10". he is officiating Clark's game today. Also, he was an official for several years in Kentucky in the 16th region before going onto college to officiate full-time.

Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

It was him who called a technical on an Ohio State player after she fouled, and the two technical FT's is how she tied and broke the NCAA All-Time Scoring Record.

Maybe the most anticlimactic record breaking moment ever. Congrats! 

• Like 1