Caitlin Clark

1 minute ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Hope she takes him up on it. A lot more money than what the WNBA will be paying her.

I thought the same thing.

And on this topic, I wonder about the future of the WNBA because even though it is already subsidized, it is sub-standard in my opinion. 

25 minutes ago, theguru said:

I thought the same thing.

And on this topic, I wonder about the future of the WNBA because even though it is already subsidized, it is sub-standard in my opinion. 

I just don't know how you fix it to be honest. I have never watched a WNBA game and won't once Clark gets there. I've watched probably 7-8 of her games in college but its just not going to carry over for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I just don't know how you fix it to be honest. I have never watched a WNBA game and won't once Clark gets there. I've watched probably 7-8 of her games in college but its just not going to carry over for me.

There is no fix for the WNBA. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, theguru said:

There is no fix for the WNBA. 

Especially with NIL. I'm still shocked that Clark is going to leave after this season. Perhaps some of her sponsors would rather her be in the WNBA.

Just now, sportsfan41 said:

Especially with NIL. I'm still shocked that Clark is going to leave after this season. Perhaps some of her sponsors would rather her be in the WNBA.

I agree on the NIL.  I was shocked to hear she was going to leave early.  Unless the money is going to be way, way more, I don't see how it makes sense.  And even if it is way more, I am sure that is going to make her super popular with her teammates and the other stars in the WNBA.

I'd do my homework if I'm Caitlin's people.   Can Cube and the Big3 league guarantee that $5mil.   If they can, take it.   The top paid WNBA player is only making 250K.   But if it seems like a shaky deal, stay the current course.

3 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

I'd do my homework if I'm Caitlin's people.   Can Cube and the Big3 league guarantee that $5mil.   If they can, take it.   The top paid WNBA player is only making 250K.   But if it seems like a shaky deal, stay the current course.

I'm sure it's the definition of shaky, but I'd be looking into the $10 million to play with Barstool that Dave Portnoy put out there.

The problem with gimmicky moves like going to the BIG3 or Barstool is the lack of a long-term investment opportunity. She is a household name, and whether we believe the WNBA is a great product or not, the profile is being raised by merely talking about her being in the league and her exposure to the masse$ being realized. That said, $10M is $10M.

From insidersportspicks on Facebook:

Caitlin Clark has been offered $5M to play one season in the BIG3 league, according to TMZ.

That's 65 TIMES MORE than what her WNBA rookie contract would be worth 🤯

cmoney.jpg

I am not sure if he have chatted about this or not but if Caitlin ends up playing against some really talented men, she is going to be completely shut down, correct?

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I am not sure if he have chatted about this or not but if Caitlin ends up playing against some really talented men, she is going to be completely shut down, correct?

Anything close to the hoop, absolutely.  On the perimeter she has a punchers chance depending on opponents speed and quickness.

13 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Anything close to the hoop, absolutely.  On the perimeter she has a punchers chance depending on opponents speed and quickness.

I don't think she has much a chance on the perimeter either but I will definitely tune in to find out.