2023-2024 Kentucky Wildcats

GOREDDEVILS

Hoping Oscar is able to make a go of it at the next level. I'll admit, I will miss the high profile rebounding he single handily brought to UK... dude was incredible at times. But it would be hypocritical of me to be sad about the news because he had some glaring limitations and I really question how good of a teammate he was.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 2:09 PM, 4 Quarters said:

I actually thought Sheppard had more class than that.

So it's classless to skip an All-Star game? 

Imagine what he'd be called if he bailed on his actual team to go play in an All-Star game...

On 5/30/2023 at 2:09 PM, 4 Quarters said:

I actually thought Sheppard had more class than that.

UK only has 7 players, he is getting all the rest he can now, guy will be playing 36 minutes a game during the summer trip and during the season.  We can't afford any injuries, safety first. 🙂  

6 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Gives an opportunity for someone else to play that wants to.

Why do we have to make issues out of every little thing that doesn't remotely matter?

Well it did matter to me, I'm going to the game in Owensboro and it would have been nice to see Mr. Basketball play.

4 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

So it's classless to skip an All-Star game? 

Imagine what he'd be called if he bailed on his actual team to go play in an All-Star game...

Yes, it was lacking class.  Shepherd and Cal both knew as being Mr. Basketball he would be expected to play in this game.  If the choice was not to play, then remove yourself before the selection ever began.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Yes, it was lacking class.  Shepherd and Cal both knew as being Mr. Basketball he would be expected to play in this game.  If the choice was not to play, then remove yourself before the selection ever began.

If he did, people should vote differently on who the best player in the state is based on him not playing in a useless exhibition game?

2 hours ago, Strawberrybarrow250 said:

UK only has 7 players, he is getting all the rest he can now, guy will be playing 36 minutes a game during the summer trip and during the season.  We can't afford any injuries, safety first. 🙂  

I highly doubt he plays 36 minutes a game in Canada, much less during the season.  I'm still thinking he might even redshirt.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

How would you classify the Canada games?

As a chance to start building a team that he committed to way before he was name Mr. Basketball. 

This Canadian tournament wasn't even announced until after the high school season was over and he was named Mr. Basketball, no way of knowing then there would be a conflict.

He may not play 36 minutes a game in Canada, but with just a handful of scholarship players he will be needed.

• Like 2

Now that Cal knows what he needs, I expect to see 2-3 transfers in the coming weeks. Someone like Kaluma from Creighton and Jones from St. John’s. 

Cal always uses a short bench anyway so he will roll with the 10 he has. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

How would you classify the Canada games?

7 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

As a chance to start building a team that he committed to way before he was name Mr. Basketball. 

This Canadian tournament wasn't even announced until after the high school season was over and he was named Mr. Basketball, no way of knowing then there would be a conflict.

He may not play 36 minutes a game in Canada, but with just a handful of scholarship players he will be needed.

This.