2023-2024 Kentucky Wildcats

GOREDDEVILS

2 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

I actually thought Sheppard had more class than that.

I think it would be different if this game was played when school was still in session.  Schools out, Sheppard is no longer a high school athlete.  He's now a college athlete with an obligation to the University of Kentucky.  His team will be playing in Canada in just over a month.  Yes it's unfortunate he's not playing, but I completely understand his decision.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I think it would be different if this game was played when school was still in session.  Schools out, Sheppard is no longer a high school athlete.  He's now a college athlete with an obligation to the University of Kentucky.  His team will be playing in Canada in just over a month.  Yes it's unfortunate he's not playing, but I completely understand his decision.  

All of that was on the table when he committed to play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Yes, but if your new coaches ask you not to play and to focus on your new team......

Sorry, but a commitment is a commitment and it tells me Cal could give a hoot about HS basketball in the Commonwealth.

14 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Oscar is said to announce  if he is staying in draft or coming back to college at 5pm today.

And for the record, in the latest mock I saw, the only UK player shown being drafted is Cason Wallace. He is projected to be a fringe lottery selection.