Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 4A

Featured Replies

17 hours ago, UKato91 said:

I concur.  I think the line will be good, not great, but good and we will be deep in most all positions.  I was pretty acclimated to the 5A world.  Not so much the 4A world.  My little bit of research tells me Boyle, Corbin, JC, Paducah and maybe Mason and Bardstown will be good teams, but I don't think I could begin to rank them with a shred of any reality.   I'll leave this one up to the more seasoned BGP people.   When they come up with their rankings, I will probably complain ?

 

18 hours ago, CCHFC said:

I don’t know enough to speak for the other teams (Boyle, Corbin, JC), but Cov Cath should have their best team in the last couple years led by Power 5 TE Willie Rodriguez and 1400 yard back Owen Leen. 

Assuming none of the other fans have went through the Cov Cath off-season thread, summary is all the skill position players return. The biggest question is the line play and how good the younger guys are.

I know even less about 4A then these 2 fine gentlemen other than Boyle, Corbin,  and JC…..I am also fairly certain it will not stop me from complaining either.

What I will add is our JV and Freshmen teams were loaded last year.  (I believe JV only gave up 9 points all year).  Our varsity was young outside of the trenches last year as we return our entire back 7 on D and every skill player on O.  If some of that JV talent can matriculate to the varsity level we will be hard to stop and hard to score on.

And yes, easily our best team in the last couple of years as the aforementioned 6’4 240lbs Power 5 TE Willie Rodriguez holds 19 D1 college offers and just wrapped a 5th place finish in the state heavyweight wrestling division.  He catches everything and blocks & tackles everyone.

And if 6’5 returning QB Evan Pitzer can take the next step as He has every year, we can easily make a return to Commonwealth Stadium in December.  Games are won and lost in the trenches and that will never ever be more true than at CCH this year.

To wrap it, if you come out to see us play, I would key on our LB core as I am sure @UKato91 will agree, they are going to be way beyond special and fun as a group this year.

Cannot wait until August…..Go Colonels!

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I really am glad for new blood.  I'm glad CovCath is in 4a.  I have to be honest though, few things make me happier than watching Boyle end LexCath's season.  But as in life, there are seasons of chan

  • I don’t know enough to speak for the other teams (Boyle, Corbin, JC), but Cov Cath should have their best team in the last couple years led by Power 5 TE Willie Rodriguez and 1400 yard back Owen Leen.

  • I concur.  I think the line will be good, not great, but good and we will be deep in most all positions.  I was pretty acclimated to the 5A world.  Not so much the 4A world.  My little bit of research

20 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

 

I know even less about 4A then these 2 fine gentlemen other than Boyle, Corbin,  and JC…..I am also fairly certain it will not stop me from complaining either.

What I will add is our JV and Freshmen teams were loaded last year.  (I believe JV only gave up 9 points all year).  Our varsity was young outside of the trenches last year as we return our entire back 7 on D and every skill player on O.  If some of that JV talent can matriculate to the varsity level we will be hard to stop and hard to score on.

And yes, easily our best team in the last couple of years as the aforementioned 6’4 240lbs Power 5 TE Willie Rodriguez holds 19 D1 college offers and just wrapped a 5th place finish in the state heavyweight wrestling division.  He catches everything and blocks & tackles everyone.

And if 6’5 returning QB Evan Pitzer can take the next step as He has every year, we can easily make a return to Commonwealth Stadium in December.  Games are won and lost in the trenches and that will never ever be more true than at CCH this year.

To wrap it, if you come out to see us play, I would key on our LB core as I am sure @UKato91 will agree, they are going to be way beyond special and fun as a group this year.

Cannot wait until August…..Go Colonels!

Easily ??

23 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

 

I know even less about 4A then these 2 fine gentlemen other than Boyle, Corbin,  and JC…..I am also fairly certain it will not stop me from complaining either.

What I will add is our JV and Freshmen teams were loaded last year.  (I believe JV only gave up 9 points all year).  Our varsity was young outside of the trenches last year as we return our entire back 7 on D and every skill player on O.  If some of that JV talent can matriculate to the varsity level we will be hard to stop and hard to score on.

And yes, easily our best team in the last couple of years as the aforementioned 6’4 240lbs Power 5 TE Willie Rodriguez holds 19 D1 college offers and just wrapped a 5th place finish in the state heavyweight wrestling division.  He catches everything and blocks & tackles everyone.

And if 6’5 returning QB Evan Pitzer can take the next step as He has every year, we can easily make a return to Commonwealth Stadium in December.  Games are won and lost in the trenches and that will never ever be more true than at CCH this year.

To wrap it, if you come out to see us play, I would key on our LB core as I am sure @UKato91 will agree, they are going to be way beyond special and fun as a group this year.

Cannot wait until August…..Go Colonels!

I think the 3 peat State Champions would have something to say about that. 

16 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Easily ??

One word does me in…..the newness has worn off.  Welcome to 4A I guess.?

14 minutes ago, RunninReb said:

I think the 3 peat State Champions would have something to say about that. 

I would hope everyone would as I want to see everyone get after it.  It’s High School Football…..Let’s Go!!!

3 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

One word does me in…..the newness has worn off.  Welcome to 4A I guess.?

History shows that there have been wars started over phrasing or using an incorrect word. Luckily for us, in 2023, we have the gridiron to settle our disputes. Welcome to 4A! 

1 hour ago, BEChargers said:

Easily ??

Yes. This team will be much better than the 20-22' teams...I believe that was his point.

6 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

Yes. This team will be much better than the 20-22' teams...I believe that was his point.

Sure was….good to see we are off and running.  Love the spirit in here already.  
 

17 hours ago, DearToday said:

District Winners:

1- Paducah

2- Bardstown

3- Toss up

4- Franklin

5- Cov Cath

6- Johnson Central 

7- Boyle

8- Corbin

I think district 4 is a lot wider open than people may think.  The additions of Spencer, who had one of their best seasons in a decade...WH, who just revamped their entire program...and Henry make it more competitive even after losing Central.  It is being tossed around that FC has lost a lot and Ledford is contemplating giving up coaching.  Shelby and NO were both very young and return a lot of key players.  Will be a very very interesting district to watch.

42 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

Yes. This team will be much better than the 20-22' teams...I believe that was his point.

Well, I guess we will just have to figure out who their opponent will be.  

@theguru, can we change the name of the thread to "2023-4A, who's playing for second place"?

10 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

@theguru, can we change the name of the thread to "2023-4A, who's playing for second place"?

We didn't win the 7 vs 7 World Championship last year and probably won't this year either and to my knowledge we won't be scrimmaging SK either, but we will get a regular season match up.  A game I'm looking forward to by the way because it will be a good one.   I will say we will make a deep run in the playoffs.  State Champs?  maybe, maybe not.  There are too many good teams in 4A to make that claim.   

2 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Well, I guess we will just have to figure out who their opponent will be.  

I think we need some work on reading comprehension.  The original comment was comparing the 2023 Colonels to the 2022 and 2021 Colonels.  No one said they expect CCH to win anything easily….except maybe a hypothetical game against their own team the last two years. 

Since it was my comment I can say we are going to be much better then we have been in the last 2 years which means I believe we can more easily accomplish our goal of another state title.  Not that I think it will be easy in 4A or easy because we moved to 4A.  I have no clue because I am woefully uneducated on 4A outside of Boyle, Corbin, and JC.  My post was to give out some info on My Colonels in hopes of getting info back on other 4A teams to get some education.

As always I just hope everyone gets after it because a Friday night in the fall just cannot be beat.

Bring it 4A!  Love this.

Go Colonels.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.