Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 4A

Featured Replies

Who are the Contenders and Sleepers in 4-A?

Predict the order of finish for each district

Class 4A
1- Allen County-Scottsville, Calloway County, Hopkinsville, Logan County, Paducah Tilghman, Warren East
2- Bardstown, Breckinridge County, John Hardin, Nelson County, Thomas Nelson
3- DeSales, Doss, Jeffersontown, Valley, Waggener, Western
4- Franklin County, Henry County, North Oldham, Shelby County, Spencer County, Western Hills
5- Covington Catholic, Grant County, Harrison County, Holmes, Mason County
6- Ashland Blazer, Boyd County, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County
7- Boyle County, Lincoln County, Russell County, Taylor County, Wayne County
8- Corbin, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central, Whitley County

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I really am glad for new blood.  I'm glad CovCath is in 4a.  I have to be honest though, few things make me happier than watching Boyle end LexCath's season.  But as in life, there are seasons of chan

  • I don’t know enough to speak for the other teams (Boyle, Corbin, JC), but Cov Cath should have their best team in the last couple years led by Power 5 TE Willie Rodriguez and 1400 yard back Owen Leen.

  • I concur.  I think the line will be good, not great, but good and we will be deep in most all positions.  I was pretty acclimated to the 5A world.  Not so much the 4A world.  My little bit of research

I don’t know enough to speak for the other teams (Boyle, Corbin, JC), but Cov Cath should have their best team in the last couple years led by Power 5 TE Willie Rodriguez and 1400 yard back Owen Leen. 

Assuming none of the other fans have went through the Cov Cath off-season thread, summary is all the skill position players return. The biggest question is the line play and how good the younger guys are.

11 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

I don’t know enough to speak for the other teams (Boyle, Corbin, JC), but Cov Cath should have their best team in the last couple years led by Power 5 TE Willie Rodriguez and 1400 yard back Owen Leen. 

Assuming none of the other fans have went through the Cov Cath off-season thread, summary is all the skill position players return. The biggest question is the line play and how good the younger guys are.

I concur.  I think the line will be good, not great, but good and we will be deep in most all positions.  I was pretty acclimated to the 5A world.  Not so much the 4A world.  My little bit of research tells me Boyle, Corbin, JC, Paducah and maybe Mason and Bardstown will be good teams, but I don't think I could begin to rank them with a shred of any reality.   I'll leave this one up to the more seasoned BGP people.   When they come up with their rankings, I will probably complain ?

1. Boyle

2. Corbin/Johnson Central

3. Covington Catholic/Franklin County

4. Paducah Tilghman 

5. Bardstown 

 

that's my preseason top 5 plus a couple lol. 

Eastern half of the state appears to be loaded with one very strong team in each District.

5.  Covington Cath.

6.  Johnson Central

7.  Boyle

8. Corbin

Should set up some interesting 3rd round games!

 

 

District Winners:

1- Paducah

2- Bardstown

3- Toss up

4- Franklin

5- Cov Cath

6- Johnson Central 

7- Boyle

8- Corbin

I'm trying to understand the Paducah Tilghman hype. Maybe I will over time. I don't see how they are the favorite in their district.

25 minutes ago, BillNye said:

I'm trying to understand the Paducah Tilghman hype. Maybe I will over time. I don't see how they are the favorite in their district.

Logan County may be the favorite. It’s a good district regardless. 

Just now, Cheese said:

Logan County may be the favorite. It’s a good district regardless. 

I could see Logan or Warren East, potentially both, being ahead of them. 

I’ve never really been impressed with Logan. I think they’re well coached but if you load the box they’re gonna have trouble. Warren East felt like fools gold after what happened once they played a pretty solid team. Even thought it was a loss PT played CAL to a 6 point game with the next closest team playing CAL to a 35 point L. 

Tilghman finished 2nd in the 3A in 2021.  They narrowly lost to Belfry in the championship. Then last year they lost to CAL 30-24 in the quarterfinals, and they had the ball twice with a chance to win the game.  CAL went on to win their final two games by scores of 50-7 and 38-0.

Tilghman returns their QB, their 1st string RB, and several WRs from that team, but they do have some holes to fill on their lines of scrimmage and defense.

I honestly don't know much about 4A and I realize it will be a big step up for Tilghman.  However, I think next year's team may be even better than the previous two teams.  I agree that it looks like a very tough district and the jump to 4A is a big one.

9 minutes ago, DearToday said:

I’ve never really been impressed with Logan. I think they’re well coached but if you load the box they’re gonna have trouble. Warren East felt like fools gold after what happened once they played a pretty solid team. Even thought it was a loss PT played CAL to a 6 point game with the next closest team playing CAL to a 35 point L. 

I think that is a fair assessment. Can't knock or dispute the facts.

My thinking was more on the lines of PT may have played CAL well, but they have a few performances from last season that indicate a tendency to play down to competition. The South Warren and Hopkinsville scores stick out like sore thumbs. Comparative scores aren't the end all be all, but it should be noted that Logan handled both. 

Logan County played teams in this district outside of PT the past four years that in all likelihood have been more athletic than them, and still have found a way to win and win comfortably at times. People seem to have dismissed LC from being able to compete in this new district. I for one think that is very unwise. Time will tell.

I do not know what Hopkinsville returns but they are just a few months removed from beating PT at PT.

Warren East had a very successful year for how young they were last season. They went 12-1 and return a what will be 3 year starter in QB, their top receiver, top OL top DL, top LB, top secondary player.  Of the 12 seniors that graduated, eight of them saw meaningful clock. 

All this being said, if you refer to my original post I said maybe over time I will correct my thinking. They could come out and mop the district up, and I'd be the first to say I was wrong. I'm excited to see it play out.

Hopkinsville lost the house.

Edited by theguru

1 hour ago, BillNye said:

I think that is a fair assessment. Can't knock or dispute the facts.

My thinking was more on the lines of PT may have played CAL well, but they have a few performances from last season that indicate a tendency to play down to competition. The South Warren and Hopkinsville scores stick out like sore thumbs. Comparative scores aren't the end all be all, but it should be noted that Logan handled both. 

Logan County played teams in this district outside of PT the past four years that in all likelihood have been more athletic than them, and still have found a way to win and win comfortably at times. People seem to have dismissed LC from being able to compete in this new district. I for one think that is very unwise. Time will tell.

I do not know what Hopkinsville returns but they are just a few months removed from beating PT at PT.

Warren East had a very successful year for how young they were last season. They went 12-1 and return a what will be 3 year starter in QB, their top receiver, top OL top DL, top LB, top secondary player.  Of the 12 seniors that graduated, eight of them saw meaningful clock. 

All this being said, if you refer to my original post I said maybe over time I will correct my thinking. They could come out and mop the district up, and I'd be the first to say I was wrong. I'm excited to see it play out.

I think it will be by far the most competitive district in 4A. Should be pretty exciting. Getting the 1 or 3 seed will be big with missing out against Bardstown as a sister district. 

When will Hoptown and Christian County Merge?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.