Whitley 79 Williamsburg 43

The refs were defiantly not a factor in this game. Williamsburg just got outplayed from the start. Whitley started out with #20 Jared Roaden on Mcray and shut him down on the start. Then Deaton put #22 Ben Prewitt on Mcray and he did an excellent job on him and shut him down. Williamsburg has to have Mcray or they wouldnt win a game, and tonight due to Prewitt and Roaden they it seemed as if they didnt have Mcray therefor they get beat by 27 at Lawson Gymnasium. Well Done for the Colonels:flame:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitley did play well. Williamsburg had some problems. I don't think this game really matters that much. Let's face it, it just means one of us plays the powerhouse of Corbin the other the powerhouse of South Laurel. Hopefully next year it will mean more. Right now Corbin and South Laurel are to much for either of these teams to handle.

LOL....you mean Whitley Central Girls Basketball.....The best players for Williamsburg are transfers........from Whiltey!!!! LOL

I think If the Lady Colonels hit their free throws they beat Williamsburg 25, McCullah did not score a point and they still won. Nope not gonna happen.

So...... Apex are you saying Williamsburg done such a good job on defense that they held McCullah SCORELESS? Thanks for the compliment.

So...... Apex are you saying Williamsburg done such a good job on defense that they held McCullah SCORELESS? Thanks for the compliment.

Yeah about the same way that Roaden held Ty Proffitt to one point.....you are more than welcome.

Greg Bargo left the Whitley County team after this game due to lack of playing time, will he go back to corbin now.

No, Greg will not be going back to Corbin. Williamsburg can quit whining about Friday nights refs. They were great compared to what we had at Cordia.

I was surprised the Colonels would drive all the way to Cordia to play the Lions anyway. That was a great pickup...long drive and a big loss. I would say Bargo will surface somewhere in the tri-county area. If he will ever plant some roots he will be a nice player. If he continues to bounce around every year...North, Madison Southern, Corbin, Whitley.....etc....then he will be wasting a lot of talent in my opinion.

Scatter brain I want to know how you saw both the Corbin game and the Whitley game on Saturday? You mentioned you were at both games in earlier posts. Do you have your own lear jet like Ric Flair.....champaign sippin, rolex wearing, jet plane riding, limosine driving, son of gun you are Scatter...lol...I am razzin you a bit, so do not take it personal. Guess the Colonels lost a radio sponsorship with the back doctor. I am sure the Whitley County basketball team will survive with Bargo.

Read the post again. I watched the Williamsburg-Whitley game on Friday night and the Corbin-Adair game on Saturday night. I was told about the poor referring at the Whitley/Cordia. Sorry that I didn't make myself clear but no hard feelings, Bubba. You can ride in my jet sometime but you'll have to bring your own soda pop.

I knew he was at North...but all of those other schools....

Greg has been following in the footsteps of Joe Siler.:lol:

I believe that he went to Corbin through the 6th grade, moved to Tenn. for the 7th, came back to KY and went to North Laurel during the 8th grade, Madison Central until Nov. of 9th grade, then back to Corbin until this summer when he made his pilgrimage to Whitley. Next stop.....................my guess would be Lynn Camp.