2023 Cincinnati Bengals

On 2/20/2023 at 3:25 PM, futurecoach said:

I did my first mock draft of the year. The way it worked out with the simulation, I don’t think it’s very realistic. Especially in regards to my first two picks falling to where I got them at. With that said, I would love it if it played out like this. 

FCDE3A2C-F81C-418D-B235-A8FA3E1985B4.png

"Experts" are all over the place in mock drafts. This is probably just as good as any I've seen.

Personally, I don't like the idea of waiting until pick #70 to address the o-line. I'd like to see that get addressed in round one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, burreaux said:

"Experts" are all over the place in mock drafts. This is probably just as good as any I've seen.

Personally, I don't like the idea of waiting until pick #70 to address the o-line. I'd like to see that get addressed in round one.

Just depends what is there. You also don’t take one just to take one. That is how you also end up with a guy like Billy Price. The Bengals needed a center, and when they missed out on the top center. They panicked and still took center, when Price shouldn’t have been taken at that time. So obviously will just depend on how the board falls. 

From Bengalswire/USA Today:

Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer outline how the Bengals should handle the offseason with these three points:

Bolster the offensive line
Manipulate cap space to pay stars
Increase the pass-rush production

===============

I agree!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theguru said:

Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer outline how the Bengals should handle the offseason with these three points:

===============

I agree!

It's like they read my mind.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, theguru said:

===============

I agree!

I agree with the points, but please don't let them in the draft war room.   We need good O linemen, not another Billy Price or Cedric Ogbuehi.

On 2/28/2023 at 12:15 AM, The Raven said:

I agree with the points, but please don't let them in the draft war room.   We need good O linemen, not another Billy Price or Cedric Ogbuehi.

Zac Taylor's staff has a good track record in the draft. I trust that they will find an o-lineman at the right spot.

13 hours ago, burreaux said:

Zac Taylor's staff has a good track record in the draft. I trust that they will find an o-lineman at the right spot.

This I know.  Its the Marvin Lewis thing I was referring to.   Towards the end, his staff was miserable at the draft.

38 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am curious what we will do in FA with our own players and players on the market.  I think the Bengals are in a place where nearly every FA will want to take a look at Cincinnati. 

After today's report from the NFLPA about how badly the Bengals treat their players and families, I'm not too sure.  Bengals rank #27 out of 32 teams.  They got two "F" and two "D" grades.

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nkypete said:

After today's report from the NFLPA about how badly the Bengals treat their players and families, I'm not too sure.  Bengals rank #27 out of 32 teams.  They got two "F" and two "D" grades.

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

I saw that.  I remember years ago Johnathan Joseph made issue with the Bengals being cheap on this kind of thing and I see it hasn't changed much.