2023 Boyle County Rebels

Rebel

Coming off 3 straight State Championships the Rebels have a good nucleus coming back off last years team in QB Sage Dawson, RB Avery Bodner, WR Montavin Quisenberry, LB Brock Driver, and OL Colt Kelly.  In coming freshman Seneca Driver (Little brother to Brock) already has a offer from EKU and could see some varsity action. 

Right now a lot of unknowns as to who will be in their district and who will be on the schedule.  What we know is Scott County will start off the season and hearing Lexington Catholic and St. X are maybes or in the workings.  My source is telling me that Bowling Green will not be renewed.  Will be interesting to see how the schedule fills out.  Knowing Haddix I expect it will be stacked again before it's all said and done. 

The Million Dollar question is.....Can Boyle County get Championship #12 and 4-peat?     

B18F2DF4-2F6E-4172-B7D1-8214952EFBE7.thumb.jpeg.5e339decde6fba493af99a6de0f63f80.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If BG is not renewed, that is a shame.  I think the culmination of realignment with renewing contracts combined are causing alot of problems for schools who are much more hesitant to finalize home and away deals at this point and are waiting until they know if they are in a district with 3, 4 or 5 teams and who those teams are.  That makes a difference.  Good luck to the Rebels.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

If BG is not renewed, that is a shame.  I think the culmination of realignment with renewing contracts combined are causing alot of problems for schools who are much more hesitant to finalize home and away deals at this point and are waiting until they know if they are in a district with 3, 4 or 5 teams and who those teams are.  That makes a difference.  Good luck to the Rebels.

I was really hoping Bowling Green was renewed.  IMO you all are going to have a special 2023 season with your QB.  I've been told that it's been hard for Boyle to find games right now with all the uncertainties for next season.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Down4theblue said:

You know one day the Boyle kids that come up though the youth and middle school programs are going get tired of getting replaced by kids out of the district. 

Competition breeds success. I don’t think anyone from Boyle would want a position handed to him based off of time spent within the school system. That’s not how a program like Boyle’s was built. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Purple88 said:

Curious on why the KHSAA Classifications and District Alignments take so long to complete. The TSSAA here in Tennessee published their initial 2023 Region (Districts in Kentucky) assignments in early October 2022, the schools requesting to play up in class or play in another Region having to file their request for change before October 24th.  Final alignments were published on November 17th. The down side is we were still alive in the playoffs and coaches are scrambling to find out-of-Region games while still getting ready for their next playoff game. Not saying either way is better or worse, just curious on why it takes so long in Kentucky. 

20 minutes ago, bluecolonels95 said:

With Covcath moving to 4A, hopefully these two schools can set up a home and away series. It would be neat to also see Covcath and Boyle in a state final playing each other. 

I’d have to say it makes less sense for the two schools to schedule each other in regular season now that they are in the same class, wouldn’t it?

Would love to see this for a title.