Is Aaron Rodgers Over the Hill?

56 minutes ago, burreaux said:

The Packers were trending in the right direction towards the end of the year. I think he could still play another year if he wanted. But, how many quarterbacks have we seen stay one year too many (Brees, Manning, Roethlisberger, Ryan, etc)?

But not at the contract Rodgers signed. He played last offseason masterfully and I don’t believe he walks away from THAT much money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

I'm not sure that's true...

Well you're a Steelers fan, so I'd expect you to think Ben is better. 😆 

I'm not saying he isn't, my point is most around the country think Rodgers is somehow superior...but the data is to the contrary. 

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Well you're a Steelers fan, so I'd expect you to think Ben is better. 😆 

I'm not saying he isn't, my point is most around the country think Rodgers is somehow superior...but the data is to the contrary. 

I don’t necessarily think Ben is better. I just don’t think everyone outside of Pittsburgh think Rodgers is better. 

• Like 2

I think it's time for Rodgers (really should have been going into last year or earlier) to take a card on of Michael Jordan's book and redfine how he plays the game. I watch a lot of Packers, every time I can.  They are my other team alongside the Bengals and have been because of Jordy Nelson and then Aaron Jones.  Love those dudes.

Aaron Rodgers needs to know that he can't just sling it down the field 30-40 yards like he used to, especially if he was slinging it to young and unproven WRs (who I think have a lot of potentially). He can throw dimes with the best of them, so do it methodically, instead of the huge play. It becomes infuriating when its 3rd and 2 on your own 40 and for some reason its a 30 yard incomplete pass downfield.

And I'm extremely bias towards Aaron Jones, I'll fully admit.  I now have a authenticate signed/framed poster in my basement of him.  How he doesn't touch the ball 18-22 times a game at a minimum baffles my mind.  I don't know if its Lafleur play calling, our Rodgers audibling out of a run but that team is so much better and Rodgers is so much better when he's on the field and the ball finds him. Would love to have seen Rodgers and Aaron Jones with Sean Payton.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Maybe I'm biased, but I think he comes out and sets the league on fire. I don't know anything about their line but he has some solid weapons and I think he's going to be on a mission to prove something. I put a little bit on him winning MVP, value was good.

You might be right as there is a lot of energy for it coming out of camp. I will caution a lot of that is the annual "Hard Knocks" bias we go through each pre-season.

I can see Rodgers having a bounce back season (I thought he was bad last year), or it going south quickly. The Jets are going to be challenged the first six weeks of the season.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

You might be right as there is a lot of energy for it coming out of camp. I will caution a lot of that is the annual "Hard Knocks" bias we go through each pre-season.

I can see Rodgers having a bounce back season (I thought he was bad last year), or it going south quickly. The Jets are going to be challenged the first six weeks of the season.

If they lose out of the gate, how will the NYC media react when he says "RELAX"?