Ravens at Bengals Predictions/Updates

Ravens vs. Bengals  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ravens
    • Bengals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2023 at 06:06 PM

4 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I think Bengal nation is grasping with all this stuff while the team is probably fine with accepting the de facto bye week they just received. Meanwhile, we keep ignoring this also messed up any hopes of Buffalo having home field through the playoffs. It’ll all work itself out.

Bengals fans complaining? That's new. 

2 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Can we bring up Bart Scott’s idiotic take with Tee Higgins? I don’t know how to post videos, and also his take about how they (the Ravens) need to put a red dot on Burrows back and take him out. How can an on air personality say on a nationwide platform to take a player out and not get fired? If another commentator said something about taking Jackson out, he’d be fired before the segment was over.

Sure, but it is all already in the old Bills/Bengals Prediction/Update thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Got a buddy that thinks Goodell/NFL chose the scenario that would make the Bengals the ones to be unhappy in all this since they are mad that Zac Taylor didn't push on Monday to finish the game, because the NFL wanted it to continue to be played and sounds like thatbwas in his hands.

Could be a lot of truth in that hot take.

I believe there could be some truth to that too.  It wouldn't be the first time that someone powerful punished a "subordinate" for not doing what the powerful person wanted done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

I think Bengal nation is grasping with all this stuff while the team is probably fine with accepting the de facto bye week they just received. Meanwhile, we keep ignoring this also messed up any hopes of Buffalo having home field through the playoffs. It’ll all work itself out.

57 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Bengals fans complaining? That's new. 

I agree bug and like I said in the old thread not playing the game is a negative for the Bills and Bengals but more so for the Bengals.

Complaining isn't going to help any, the fan in me is past all of this and hopefully the Bengals have a chip on their shoulder now that carries them to the Super Bowl.

Who Dey!

3 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

So if the Bengals beat the Ravens, which I think they will, who do they get in the playoffs?

Too many factors to know for sure I think.  It depends on what the Bills do and the other teams below the Bengals do in their games. 

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Nah, they were getting beat MNF haha!

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I agree so then it comes down to the Jags, Fins, Ravens, Pats, and I guess the Steelers. 

Miami hasn't won since November and they're still in contention.  I don't see New England winning.  Jacksonville is hot.  I like Pittsburgh to beat Cleveland.  Should be an interesting final week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

This may be heresy but I think the NFL plan is fair.

If I am Baltimore and I beat the Bengals twice and still don't get home field in the playoffs, that is not right. And that still could happen even with this plan.

I agree that part of the plan is fair and understandable. The part of the plan that is not fair and even Taylor said this. Is that the NFL is giving the Ravens at least a coin flip chance, since they had an outside chance at getting a home game before the cancellation. Well the bengals before the cancellation actually controlled their destiny for a 2 seed, and a shot at the one seed if the Chiefs slipped up. So if you are going to at least give the Ravens a coin flip chance if they win to get back what they may have lost with the cancellation. Why is that not given to the Bengals?

While unlikely, if the Bengals win this week and Bills/Chiefs lose. All three teams have 4 losses, with the Chiefs having lost to both Bengals and Bills. So why is a coin toss not a possibility for that scenario to determine who gets the one seed and a bye?

Or the most unfair situation is if both Bengals and Bills win, and Chiefs lose this weekend. The Chiefs and Bengals both 4 losses and Bengals have a win over the Chiefs. Yet the Chiefs would be the 2 seed and have the home field in divisional round over the Bengals. Even though that would legit be the exact same scenario as the Bengals/Ravens that they are putting a coin flip for home field if Ravens win. 

It was never going to be a perfect solution, but the NFL at least tried for most of the teams effected to make it a little better. Even the Bills who may have lost the 1 seed and bye, the NFL is making sure they at least don’t have to play on the road for AFC Championship game. The Chiefs got a huge reward with this and now win and get a bye. The league also made sure the Ravens at least got  a coin flip chance. The Bengals were literally not given any chance to get back what they lost out on. 

Even though it is a slim chance that Chiefs lose tonight. They should have at least included a coin flip chance for the Bengals for a home game if they see the Chiefs in Divisional round. Then also a coin flip chance for 1 seed and bye if somehow both Chiefs and Bills lose this weekend. If those things were also included to at least give them Bengals a small chance at getting back what they lost. Then I doubt there would have been as much complaining.

4 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

So if the Bengals beat the Ravens, which I think they will, who do they get in the playoffs?

The Bengals if they win this week will be playing the Ravens again next week, unless the Bills lose to the Patriots. If the Bills lose, then the Bengals would be the 2 seed and playing one of these teams in this order based off their results. Patriots control their destiny first for that 7 seed. Patriots/Dolphins/Steelers/Jags. 

• Thanks 2