Georgia 42 Ohio State 41 (National Championship Semi-Final)

16thBBall Fan

I know I said it in the Prediction thread that I felt like OSU would win this and win the title this year. They outplayed Georgia most of the game, so credit to Georgia for battling and finding a way!

Obviously I have made it pretty clear on here through the year that I can’t stand OSU, mainly because of their fan base. With that said, I do feel for them tonight. I know how much they love their buckeyes and respect that, and as a sport fan I know how much this one would hurt for them. So I do feel bad for them tonight, because the winner tonight was going to win the Championship this year, and they literally were a 50 yard field goal away from probably winning another title. 

• Like 2

Ugh...this hurts. Don't know what else to say. Proud of the guys rebounding from how they played the second half against Michigan. And I know there were a lot of people that said they didn't deserve to be here after that game. But, again, I'm glad they were able to decide it on the field, rather than by some stupid poll.

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Kirby Smart calling timeout on that fake punt was incredible. I want to hear what tipped them that it was a fake.

He just said it was their formation.  Got quick to the line and had a tighter formation.  Said it was a fortunate instinctual response. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FSfan said:

I was pulling for Georgia but I was most impressed by CJ Stroud and Marvin Harrison. If Harrison hadn’t gotten hurt, I think Ohio State would have held on. 

Told the people at my house the same thing after the game last night.

OSU was in control of that game and Harrison going out at the end of the 3rd really hurt their offense. 

• Like 1

I read all night during the game that Stetson Bennett didn't deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation with CJ Stroud. Stroud is great and played great but let's not ignore that Bennett was 10-12 for 190 yards and 2 TD in the 4th quarter. Kid has been clutch for two years.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Kirby Smart calling timeout on that fake punt was incredible. I want to hear what tipped them that it was a fake.

Different formation from normal punt....that came from the press box....he just looked smart lol.

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I read all night during the game that Stetson Bennett didn't deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation with CJ Stroud. Stroud is great and played great but let's not ignore that Bennett was 10-12 for 190 yards and 2 TD in the 4th quarter. Kid has been clutch for two years.

Yeah....and he is leading his team to a second championship game appearance right? How many losses in the last two years?? Stroud played great....but Bennett's fourth quarter was great. Guess they can't blame Kerry Coombs for defensive problems this year lol.

• Like 1