Purcell Marian (OH) 55 Cooper 47

To be clear, when you have a Top 10 sophomore in America (maybe THE top sophomore) you're going to be really good, but in looking at this score and having heard nothing about last night's game in Walnut Hills, I have to assume Kay and Logan were both out?  I watched P.M. at the day of scrimmages at Ryle before the season, and I wouldn't have thought they had enough complementary pieces around Dee Alexander to beat Cooper, but that is why you play the games.  

Hope a Lady Jags' fan that was in attendance can give us the rest of the story!

28 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

To be clear, when you have a Top 10 sophomore in America (maybe THE top sophomore) you're going to be really good, but in looking at this score and having heard nothing about last night's game in Walnut Hills, I have to assume Kay and Logan were both out?  I watched P.M. at the day of scrimmages at Ryle before the season, and I wouldn't have thought they had enough complementary pieces around Dee Alexander to beat Cooper, but that is why you play the games.  

Hope a Lady Jags' fan that was in attendance can give us the rest of the story!

Interesting, I will be interested to get a “full report” from the Cooper basketball parent I know. I haven’t seen PM play this season, but I did see them scrimmage SK and NDA at Thomas More this summer. Dee was not there, they beat SK by 15 and NDA by 20. Admittedly two young teams in the middle of the summer but PM had very good guard play in both games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Legacy26 said:

Interesting, I will be interested to get a “full report” from the Cooper basketball parent I know. I haven’t seen PM play this season, but I did see them scrimmage SK and NDA at Thomas More this summer. Dee was not there, they beat SK by 15 and NDA by 20. Admittedly two young teams in the middle of the summer but PM had very good guard play in both games. 

Ryle beat them WITH Dee in the Battle of the Borders, or whatever that day of hoops is called at Ryle the Saturday in November.  They started with Quinn on her, and then switched and Austin on her, always in full denial mode when she didn't have the ball.

28 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Ryle beat them WITH Dee in the Battle of the Borders, or whatever that day of hoops is called at Ryle the Saturday in November.  They started with Quinn on her, and then switched and Austin on her, always in full denial mode when she didn't have the ball.

As I said, interesting, in both games PM gave SK and NDA fits with their press and shot the lights out from three. Coach Murphy was not at the NDA-PM scrimmage and when I saw him the next day, he asked what happen, I commented that I hadn’t seen a team collectively shoot the three as well as PM did in a long, long time. Clearly the November game with the film squad would be a better assessment. 

• Thanks 1

I was able to watch most of this game.

Cooper started the game on a nice run and kept the lead for the majority of the first 2 1/2 quarters.  It looked to me that both Kay and Logan started and played significant minutes.  Cooper got into foul trouble late in the game with two starters ultimately fouling out.  This contributed to the score differential. 

Prayers to Dee Alexander and her family are needed!  Dee went down mid 3rd on what appeared to be a significant injury, game was stopped for several minutes, and ambulance was called to take her to ER. I couldn't tell what the injury was but it appeared to be to the head, possibly banging it on the floor.  I hope she bounces back quickly!

• Like 1