Trinity at Bryan Station Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

TheDeuce

Who wins?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2022 at 10:00 PM

Just now, Rock85 said:

I have complained a lot also. You are probably correct about the host schools. In the past, I have watched St X on NFHS as the host school before they moved to YouTube. They had announcers, the score, down and distance, and clock worked fine. No worries.

Every time Trinity is the host to a NFHS game it is just awful. All you get is a bad video feed with no commentary, no score etc etc. It seems like they just mounted a camera to the stadium and that is it. Any Rock insiders know why they won't put forth more effort to make the broadcasts more watchable? Is it a money thing? Do they just want you to listen to it on the radio? RockNation? 

I am grateful that the games have been on at all and hate to rag on my Rocks, but I expect more than I have been getting with the Trinity games. 

We are on exactly the same page.  Frankly, Trinity's efforts on the NFHS are embarrassing for such a great school. I hate to rag on Trinity too because they have been so good to BGP over the years but in this case the criticism is deserved.

Switching to X, clearly it was a priority to them even when it was on the NFHS and it was fine but anything on YouTube blows the NFHS away.

• Like 1

Just now, TheDeuce said:

At this point, there's really no excuse for schools of this caliber not to have quality YouTube streaming of their home games. 

Exactly!

And any school that has questions should dial up the powers that be at Highlands and ask about the Highlands Broadcasting Network.  First and foremost, Highlands is doing right by their students giving the ones that are interested in broadcasting real experience with a professional broadcast.  Second, everyone that has an interest in Highlands benefits from it.  Finally, it can only help Highlands (or other schools if they do it too) attract talent in the future.  I can hear grandma and grandpa on the phone now from Florida with their 8th grade grandchild that is a good football player deciding where to go to high school.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rock85 said:

I have complained a lot also. You are probably correct about the host schools. In the past, I have watched St X on NFHS as the host school before they moved to YouTube. They had announcers, the score, down and distance, and clock worked fine. No worries.

Every time Trinity is the host to a NFHS game it is just awful. All you get is a bad video feed with no commentary, no score etc etc. It seems like they just mounted a camera to the stadium and that is it. Any Rock insiders know why they won't put forth more effort to make the broadcasts more watchable? Is it a money thing? Do they just want you to listen to it on the radio? RockNation? 

I am grateful that the games have been on at all and hate to rag on my Rocks, but I expect more than I have been getting with the Trinity games. 

To be honest, Bob really shunned the idea of video of his games being so widespread for others to capture. When I was on staff, I showed him how easy it was (even 15 years ago) to take video from online repositories and be able to clip it and breakdown. I know that's not a great answer, but I will try to reach out this week to see if there is anything we can do on our end to enhance the experience. Hopefully our friends at Madison Central (and ourselves!) can pull out a win this week and we can have a home game next week for you all to watch!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, #RockNation said:

To be honest, Bob really shunned the idea of video of his games being so widespread for others to capture. When I was on staff, I showed him how easy it was (even 15 years ago) to take video from online repositories and be able to clip it and breakdown. I know that's not a great answer, but I will try to reach out this week to see if there is anything we can do on our end to enhance the experience. Hopefully our friends at Madison Central (and ourselves!) can pull out a win this week and we can have a home game next week for you all to watch!

Trinity is not the only school that is anti-video and on some level I can understand that.  However, if you are going to do video you should do a quality job.  There is no excuse for the garbage Trinity has been dishing out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

Trinity is not the only school that is anti-video and on some level I can understand that.  However, if you are going to do video you should do a quality job.  There is no excuse for the garbage Trinity has been dishing out. 

I don't disagree with you, but it really seems the administration is more invested in enhancing the game day experience at 4011 Shelbyville Road and is content on whatever is produced by NFHS with their manpower. Personally, I would much rather go to a video setting with a telestrator and reading defenses like Tony Romo but hey that's me!  🤣☘️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, #RockNation said:

I don't disagree with you, but it really seems the administration is more invested in enhancing the game day experience at 4011 Shelbyville Road and is content on whatever is produced by NFHS with their manpower. Personally, I would much rather go to a video setting with a telestrator and reading defenses like Tony Romo but hey that's me!  🤣☘️

If they are disinterested it is time to end the video.  If they are going to keep doing video they need to do it right.  I can't believe we are even having this discussion about Trinity. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Trinity is the clear favorite. Two TD favorite IMO. But that is within upset range for Station.

The advantage in team speed Trinity enjoyed over Simon Kenton won't be nearly as pronounced here. Station has some guys that can fly. 

But McLaughlin should negate some of that by ensuring BS doesn't get many (any?) looks at kick returns. Station has housed six kicks this year, four by Damin Green, one of the aforementioned Defenders that can fly.

The line of scrimmage may be where we'll see Trinity's upper hand this week.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, theguru said:

Exactly!

And any school that has questions should dial up the powers that be at Highlands and ask about the Highlands Broadcasting Network.  First and foremost, Highlands is doing right by their students giving the ones that are interested in broadcasting real experience with a professional broadcast.  Second, everyone that has an interest in Highlands benefits from it.  Finally, it can only help Highlands (or other schools if they do it too) attract talent in the future.  I can hear grandma and grandpa on the phone now from Florida with their 8th grade grandchild that is a good football player deciding where to go to high school.  

Boyle County does a nice job with the Boyle County Sports Network. It’s students that do all the work and broadcasting. If HHS and BCHS can do it, surely Trinity can make it happen. 

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Trinity at Bryan Station Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
  • theguru locked this topic