Trinity at Bryan Station Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

TheDeuce

Who wins?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2022 at 10:00 PM

5 hours ago, #RockNation said:

I definitely think there is a real respect for the speed and athleticism of the Defenders and Haskins and Green are two of the best athletes we will see this year. Again, special teams will be big this week as McLaughlin proved to be a weapon last week with the touchbacks (even into a 20mph wind!) and drilling the 51-yarder that was probably good from 60-plus. Punter Carter Schwartz will be big this week too, as I've seen 6 punt returns go to the house by the speedy duo. Cutwright also appears to have excellent speed and an arm worthy of taking the top off of most defenses. 

Dixon and Hocker stand out as very good linebackers who have a great nose for the ball. Safety is where Haskins really shines and it's easy to see why he was a first-team All-State pick in the Courier-Journal. He can cover, come up to hit and his leadership back there is evident. As a whole, they don't bring a lot of pressure and that is because they have a lot of smart kids who can fly to the ball.

The Defenders are giving up less than 10 points per game in their 9 wins and scoring almost 45 points on average in those same games. I think this can be a tight game for a bit as both teams get used to the speed of the game and the cold weather. Facing a fantastic athlete in Chase Crone last week will help the Shamrock defense immensely. There are a lot of valid comparisons to Ballard and Male, although I don't think you can necessarily gameplan for what Haskins is capable of based on those two teams. 

@NLTanker1, feel free to supplement our paychecks as needed! The least you could do is advocate for a raise for us! 🤣 I hope one day we can stream the games in our own format but I am not holding my breath anytime soon. We are, however, very grateful for all who listen or stream on 970AM and patronize our sponsors! ☘️

I'm not sure what that means. I was told by someone that is part of the broadcast team, that he is with the radio guys, because T wouldn't pay him for what he does. However he is compensated for his services with Wayne and Jason.

28 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

I'm not sure what that means. I was told by someone that is part of the broadcast team, that he is with the radio guys, because T wouldn't pay him for what he does. However he is compensated for his services with Wayne and Jason.

Was just joking buddy. I am also part of the team and I understand what you are saying.

5 hours ago, theguru said:

From Wikipedia:

Shelton attended Bryan Station High School in Lexington, Kentucky, where he played both running back and linebacker and twice earned state Class 4A Player of the Year honors. He totaled 4,970 yards rushing with 59 touchdowns and 129 tackles with 11 sacks and 41 stops for losses during his career. Shelton was a First-team USA Today and Parade All-American and was also an All-State track performer who competed in the high hurdles, triple jump and 4x100 relay. It was in high school that he met his future wife Shamea. He was on Tom Lemming's Top 100 high school recruits, ranked at #6 in the nation.

Louisville

Shelton attended the University of Louisville, and in his junior year (in 2004) he led the Cardinals in rushing (938 yards) and touchdowns (20). His touchdown total tied the single season Louisville touchdown record (since broken by Michael Bush with 23 in 2005) and he also tied a Louisville record by rushing for five touchdowns in a game versus East Carolina University. He ranked sixth in the nation with 120 points. In 22 games with the Cardinals, he totaled 1,728 yards on 312 carries (5.5 avg) and had 30 touchdown runs. His 30 touchdowns rank third all time at Louisville despite his only playing two years there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Shelton_(American_football)

I was referencing this, but yeah he was a beast and ended our careers at Trinity...

image.png.2a52a259002dee79021d0cbbb8fa52f2.png

• Like 1

I know nothing about Bryan Station however I do know T is mentally tuff and I think that will play a role in tonight's cold weather.  Especially special team's players that are on the sideline a lot.  We will see who wants to hit.  GO ROCKS!

• Like 2

• theguru changed the title to Trinity at Bryan Station Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
  • theguru locked this topic