Any "Drawer" Closers Out There?

Bluto

I'm not mentioning any names (cough* Mrs. Blutarsky *cough), but SOMEone in our household is known for not fully closing drawers. I don't say anything anymore; I just close them when I see them.

Is anyone else bugged by seeing a drawer that isn't fully closed?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm the "leaves drawers open" person in our house. I have no explanation why I don't close drawers, I just don't. I'm the same way with cabinets in the kitchen. I have ZERO OCD tendencies, and would be just as happy living in chaos as I am living in complete order. 

I know a guy who cannot go to sleep unless all the drawers are firmly closed in his bedroom. Needless to say, his wife sometimes puts an item away, right before bed leaving a teeny gap.  He jumps right up to shut it.

You drawer/cabinet closers would have a heart attack if you saw me cooking Thanksgiving dinner!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I know a guy who cannot go to sleep unless all the drawers are firmly closed in his bedroom. Needless to say, his wife sometimes puts an item away, right before bed leaving a teeny gap.  He jumps right up to shut it.

You drawer/cabinet closers would have a heart attack if you saw me cooking Thanksgiving dinner!

Home Alone Scream.jpg

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I'm the "leaves drawers open" person in our house. I have no explanation why I don't close drawers, I just don't. I'm the same way with cabinets in the kitchen. I have ZERO OCD tendencies, and would be just as happy living in chaos as I am living in complete order. 

Home Alone Scream.jpg

On 10/30/2022 at 3:56 PM, Bluto said:

I'm not mentioning any names (cough* Mrs. Blutarsky *cough), but SOMEone in our household is known for not fully closing drawers. I don't say anything anymore; I just close them when I see them.

Is anyone else bugged by seeing a drawer that isn't fully closed?

I have one of those, but add to that doors on kitchen and bath cabinets, lids on jars and medicine, bags of snacks not closed up, etc.  You'd think after 44 years I'd be used to it......nah-baby-nah.

• Haha 1

I only have 1 drawer that drives me nuts if it's not closed, and that's the drawer that houses our garbage cans in the kitchen.  Easy access for the pup when it's open, and no-one closes it fully.  I feel like I close it 10 times a day at minimum.

Now, if we want to talk doors being open, I live in a house full of heathens that leave it open when doing their business.

10 hours ago, The Raven said:

No issues with doors around my house.   But my daughters are very big on not turning out lights when they leave a room.

This is our house too. Between my kids and my wife, our house it lit up light a Christmas tree at night if I don't shut them all off before bed. 

18 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

This is our house too. Between my kids and my wife, our house it lit up light a Christmas tree at night if I don't shut them all off before bed. 

Lights aren't really a problem here, especially since all my kids have moved out. Most of the lights in my house are connected to a smart hub, so if anything is left on, I can easily turn it off with an app.

14 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Lights aren't really a problem here, especially since all my kids have moved out. Most of the lights in my house are connected to a smart hub, so if anything is left on, I can easily turn it off with an app.

I have looked into those. I might need to invest in one. I use a Nest thermostat that is tied to my phone so I would imagine it is similar. What brand do you use as a smart hub?