Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 34 Cooper 5

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

4 carries 9 yards Geisler had 11 for 158 yards.

So the kid that carried them last week got a total of 4 carries?  I will have further comments later.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Bluebirdbath
    Bluebirdbath

    CONGRATUALTIONS is in Order for Davis Burleigh for Breaking the School Record in Field Goals at Highlands, tonight in the WIN over Cooper High School, 34-5 GO DAVIS! 

  • People suffer from short term memory loss. Where this program is now and where they were 2 years ago isn't close. Some people need to appreciate a bit more what is happening! 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Congrats to Highlands on the win. Their defense played great, and their offense made just enough plays when they needed it.    Cooper had a lot of turnovers tonight, and when they did have a ch

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbath said:

CONGRATUALTIONS is in Order for Davis Burleigh for Breaking the School Record in Field Goals at Highlands, tonight in the WIN over Cooper High School, 34-5 GO DAVIS! 

Not to diminish the accomplishment, but I am curious how this was determined.  Honestly did not know Highlands football program kept these kind of statistics.  I actually got a phone call last night asking if it was my son’s record that was broken and I honestly did not have an answer.  A quick check of KHSAA website does show a season of 11, but honestly had no clue.  Anyways congrats to Davis Burleigh and may he keep adding to the total over the next 6 weeks.

8 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

So the kid that carried them last week got a total of 4 carries?  I will have further comments later.

Gotta be at practice to play. He was also sick yesterday. 

46 minutes ago, BLUEHOUND said:

People suffer from short term memory loss. Where this program is now and where they were 2 years ago isn't close. Some people need to appreciate a bit more what is happening! 

Do you think they have more overall talent than two years ago? I think many of the Seniors now played quite a bit as sophomores. No doubt they are physically stronger, quicker, and they(along with parents and fans) have bought in to what they are doing. Good luck the rest of the way!

50 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

That is the one part of the offense that has been missing for years. Highlands has always had strong kickers. It’s nice to finally see kickers getting a chance. Great job young man!

Agreed!!! It's very hard to be a kicker for the Birds. High powered O doesn't get many FG chances. He  is great. While we are on this subject, I would like to give a shout out to #75 a starting  D tackle in on the kickoff team for the Birds. How often do you see that? Double teamed all night long still making the QB scramble. CCH didn't have an answer for #75 last week. These two players are great. Glad they are Birds.

58 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

So the kid that carried them last week got a total of 4 carries?  I will have further comments later.

 Interesting. If you beat a good opponent 34 to 5, what the heck is there to complain about?  I would be OK if he had 0 carries if I was a Highlands fan and the score finished 34 to 5.

30 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 Interesting. If you beat a good opponent 34 to 5, what the heck is there to complain about?  I would be OK if he had 0 carries if I was a Highlands fan and the score finished 34 to 5.

Guess you and I are different.  Not the first time I have questioned personnel choices and will not be the last.

4 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Guess you and I are different.  Not the first time I have questioned personnel choices and will not be the last.

Fair enough.

The way I look at it, when people start getting focused on individual stats, it is selfish and divisive to a team. Team first, always.

Of course we are just fans chatting, so no real impact to the team. If the players get caught up in this though, that is different.

Kudos to To David Burleigh for eclipsing the Single Season Record for Field Goals and to the Varsity Football Team for a job well done and monumental accomplishment.

It was a great night for the team, coaching staff and community! 
 

And hey, at least we are not talking about warm ups! ?

32 minutes ago, Woody Hayes said:

Kudos to To David Burleigh for eclipsing the Single Season Record for Field Goals and to the Varsity Football Team for a job well done and monumental accomplishment.

It was a great night for the team, coaching staff and community! 
 

And hey, at least we are not talking about warm ups! ?

Lol you’re right. Ever since it was mentioned about warmups, coaches have been involved. Interesting how that works! To say it was a bad look was an understatement to say the least. 
 

just sayin!

All that Cooper this and Cooper that. Cooper is just another Boone county school with no shot at winning a state title. Seems to be the trend for Boone County schools. 

  • Author
1 minute ago, KYFootballFanz said:

All that Cooper this and Cooper that. Cooper is just another Boone county school with no shot at winning a state title. Seems to be the trend for Boone County schools. 

Not this year but I wouldn't rule it out the next few years. 

7 minutes ago, KYFootballFanz said:

All that Cooper this and Cooper that. Cooper is just another Boone county school with no shot at winning a state title. Seems to be the trend for Boone County schools. 

Huh? Where the heck did this come from? And what are you even talking about? People have talked about Cooper being a good team this year, and having a lot of young talent. Which all is true. So not exactly sure what you are talking about. 
 

Which Cooper in their short 14 year history has already been to one state title game. Another year where they made the state semi finals. Then another year where they missed a two point conversion at the end of the game or else they would have made another semi finals. 
 

It seems like most people have said Cooper is a good team this year, but also has an even brighter future ahead over the these next few years. Which a state run definitely is possible over these next few years. So no idea where this post came from. 

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

Not this year but I wouldn't rule it out the next few years. 

What big games has Borchers won in his time at Cooper to make anyone think his team can win a championship? I’ll give him this, he’s been to 1 state title game. But that was before Frederick Douglass and South Warren had a team.

  • Author
1 minute ago, KYFootballFanz said:

What big games has Borchers won in his time at Cooper to make anyone think his team can win a championship? I’ll give him this, he’s been to 1 state title game. But that was before Frederick Douglass and South Warren had a team.

I think you just made the case for me. ?‍♀️

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.