NEW Cards' coach...Steve Kragthorpe....

RockPride

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compiled a record of 29-22 in 4 years while at Tulsa and ironically enough he had signed a long term deal with that school before leaving to come to U of L.

That's why whenever I hear about any college or pro coach signing a "long term" deal, it really doesn't mean anything.

Looking at the 4 years he was there, I noticed the following.

The Tulsa offense averaged about 30 points a game.

The defense gave up about 26 points a game.

So look for high scoring close games under his watch.

Compiled a record of 29-22 in 4 years while at Tulsa and ironically enough he had signed a long term deal with that school before leaving to come to U of L.

That's why whenever I hear about any college or pro coach signing a "long term" deal, it really doesn't mean anything.

Looking at the 4 years he was there, I noticed the following.

The Tulsa offense averaged about 30 points a game.

The defense gave up about 26 points a game.

So look for high scoring close games under his watch.

We are also talking about Tulsa. For that school to ever go through a stretch to win more games than its lost is a feat in itself.

I am a HUGE Jurich fan and I would think he's been looking for a few years as to whom he thinks is the best to fill the shoes. I am shocked really at the pick and it seems like a big dropoff but I'll let things unfold before I bet against Jurich.

I must think that Tom Jurich has had the next Louisville coach in mind for quite sometime based on Benedict Petrino's antics over the last few years.

It's called having a Success Strategy, and tom's ability to continue to exercise this no matter what, is awesome.