Bengals 27 Dolphins 15

I can’t believe Tua was allowed to play tonight. The NFLPA fought so hard to keep the players safe from the owners pressure of having to Play immediately after suffering a concussion. I know they said back injury but even I could tell this past Sunday wasn’t a back deal. He was slammed hard to the ground but you can’t help but think. Outside of that the Bengals did enough to win and not allowing sacks helped that chance.

Nice to see you tonight, @MJAlltheWay24!  Thanks for selling my wife and I some drinks!  Glad to finally meet you.

Atmosphere was electric.  @theguru, I finally got my white gear last night at Rally House!  You would be proud.  I saw on social media that some "haters" thought the Bengals looked like Storm Troopers!  🤣

Observation - the OL is not opening up any holes.  Mixon has to fight for every yard.  On sweeps, however, he might be better served by just turning upfield and running north/south.  He appears to be looking for holes that aren't there.

It's good to see Higgins and Boyd getting targets with a lot of the attention on Chase.  They both had nice games.  Bell had a great game too with his two picks.

The Tua sack was hard but clean.  Lots of rumors were going around that he had serious neurological damage (because he was sent to University Hospital instead of Christ Hospital).  Good to see that he was released and got to go home with his team.  Scary stuff.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Breds82 said:

I can’t believe Tua was allowed to play tonight. The NFLPA fought so hard to keep the players safe from the owners pressure of having to Play immediately after suffering a concussion. I know they said back injury but even I could tell this past Sunday wasn’t a back deal. He was slammed hard to the ground but you can’t help but think. Outside of that the Bengals did enough to win and not allowing sacks helped that chance.

Don't they have an independent neurologist/neurosurgeon on site that makes those assessments and decisions?

Is it just me or do the Bengals really have trouble run blocking. Certainly not an expert, but on running plays always seems to me that OL are standing up instead of firing out. Don't know the NFL rules per se but can you use two tight ends like all other levels?

16 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Is it just me or do the Bengals really have trouble run blocking. Certainly not an expert, but on running plays always seems to me that OL are standing up instead of firing out. Don't know the NFL rules per se but can you use two tight ends like all other levels?

It's not just you, it's the majority of people who watch the Bengals or follow them in any way.  It's their obvious biggest glaring weakness.  Using 2 tight ends basically just tells the defense that the run is coming.  Even if you pass out of those formations, there's just not a lot that they'd be able to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

As long as you have at least seven players on the LOS, they can have as many as they want. Just because you are TE, it doesn't mean you can block well, though. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, brown4 said:

It's not just you, it's the majority of people who watch the Bengals or follow them in any way.  It's their obvious biggest glaring weakness.  Using 2 tight ends basically just tells the defense that the run is coming.  Even if you pass out of those formations, there's just not a lot that they'd be able to do.

They really need to do a lot more play action passes.  It keeps the LB's and DB's honest.  Right now they are playing downhill and crashing the line of scrimmage whenever Burrow is under center.

Didn't they score the last TD out of a two TE set? Why on 3rd and 4th and short, don't they just have Burrow reach out and move the chains? The Ole Tom Brady Special, get the first down then work from there. Running a stretch play with Mixon on 4th and one is an absolutley horrible idea.

9 hours ago, nkypete said:

Nice to see you tonight, @MJAlltheWay24!  Thanks for selling my wife and I some drinks!  Glad to finally meet you.

Atmosphere was electric.  @theguru, I finally got my white gear last night at Rally House!  You would be proud.  I saw on social media that some "haters" thought the Bengals looked like Storm Troopers!  🤣

Observation - the OL is not opening up any holes.  Mixon has to fight for every yard.  On sweeps, however, he might be better served by just turning upfield and running north/south.  He appears to be looking for holes that aren't there.

It's good to see Higgins and Boyd getting targets with a lot of the attention on Chase.  They both had nice games.  Bell had a great game too with his two picks.

The Tua sack was hard but clean.  Lots of rumors were going around that he had serious neurological damage (because he was sent to University Hospital instead of Christ Hospital).  Good to see that he was released and got to go home with his team.  Scary stuff.

I knew you would come through Pete!