Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville vs. Boyle County Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 57 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Danville
      5%
      3
    • Boyle County
      94%
      54

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
1 hour ago, burreaux said:

I don't know how you could have watched that first game against Madison and not wonder about their ability to be effective against better competition. 

I think it can be a little misleading to look at volume stats and think that tells the whole story. Also, I'm not saying Boyle's o-line is bad, I just don't think they are at the same level that Boyle County has seen in past years.

 

If/when they get healthy on the OL it should be more like something that we’re used to. Boyle’s building valuable depth though. 

  • Replies 95
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ChiefSmoke
    ChiefSmoke

    This will be a podcast(TH, 9/1, 7:30 pm) game of the week. Start your week with game 1 in the rivalry, 1965, 0-0 Tie, played at Centre!                

  • From the firework people themselves on Facebook.    “Since you started doing this in 1992 during our worst 2-8 season the National Anthem has been played 206 times followed by a 3 round volley

  • ChiefSmoke
    ChiefSmoke

Posted Images

7 hours ago, WestDanville said:

If/when they get healthy on the OL it should be more like something that we’re used to. Boyle’s building valuable depth though. 

Well said. I think later this year, or even a year from now this unit can be a strength, but for this week I would be worried about them against Danville's d-line. 

Danville hasn't played great competition this year, but their defense completely smothered Garrard. Even though there was a significant talent disparity, it was still impressive to see just how they prevented Garrard from moving the ball at all.

It would be big if Danville can stay competitive.  This rivalry needs some life injected back into it.  

Obviously we know the offensive line is the weakest spot for the Rebels. But I still don’t see Danville being able to keep Boyle County off the scoreboard consistently enough to win this game or to even stay close. Either way, I’m excited to see these two teams finally play each other. Good luck to both teams!

Predicting a lot of fireworks in this game.  Everyone please remember to secure your dog Friday night cause it's going to get loud.  884CD81C-0789-4E4B-BF39-B58DD6BD1A4E.thumb.jpeg.5cf6b159cf08860bd3c75bf99b07cac2.jpeg

3 hours ago, Rebel said:

Predicting a lot of fireworks in this game.  Everyone please remember to secure your dog Friday night cause it's going to get loud.  884CD81C-0789-4E4B-BF39-B58DD6BD1A4E.thumb.jpeg.5cf6b159cf08860bd3c75bf99b07cac2.jpeg

I have been told the neighbors in the area always call the police saying the fireworks are too loud or it is mistaken as gun shots. Nope, it is just Boyle County football. ?

28 minutes ago, charlesw88 said:

I have been told the neighbors in the area always call the police saying the fireworks are too loud or it is mistaken as gun shots. Nope, it is just Boyle County football. ?

 Do they shoot off the fireworks at every home game?

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 Do they shoot off the fireworks at every home game?

Yes they do.

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 Do they shoot off the fireworks at every home game?

From the firework people themselves on Facebook. 
 

“Since you started doing this in 1992 during our worst 2-8 season the National Anthem has been played 206 times followed by a 3 round volley of red white and thunder. We were led to 8,314 points by 4 different coaches and nearly 200 Home victories.  We've crossed the goal line over 1,100 times with an average of 5 per game. By the numbers 2,472 pounds of explosives to celebrate our country, 9,600 pounds to celebrate our rebels, and 7,892 pounds worth of grand finale to send our opponents packing! That's nearly 10 tons of #WhoYaWhit and have you seen my cat ??Congratulations Boyle County Rebels Football  this begins year #30 celebrating every touchdown with you.”

I also agree that Boyles oline is down a little from last year. Not disputing that at all. My only confusion is why you thought Danville’s Dline was playing really well. I thought they were very weak against Lincoln. 

1 hour ago, BEChargers said:

I also agree that Boyles oline is down a little from last year. Not disputing that at all. My only confusion is why you thought Danville’s Dline was playing really well. I thought they were very weak against Lincoln. 

Danville completely smothered Garrard Saturday night. I know Garrard isn't the strongest team this year but they lived in the backfield all night. I think that if they are able to neutralize the o-line push then the speed of Danville's linebackers and secondary are comparable to what Boyle has on offense. Danville completely dominated Garrard, I would be surprised if Boyle was lighting up the scoreboard like some are thinking.

2 hours ago, burreaux said:

Danville completely smothered Garrard Saturday night. I know Garrard isn't the strongest team this year but they lived in the backfield all night. I think that if they are able to neutralize the o-line push then the speed of Danville's linebackers and secondary are comparable to what Boyle has on offense. Danville completely dominated Garrard, I would be surprised if Boyle was lighting up the scoreboard like some are thinking.

It’s Danville week and I’m excited and can’t help myself. So, Surprise Surprise Surprise.  I would be surprise if it's not.  Garrard and Lincoln County will not be on the field Friday night.    Fire in the hole!  

8C667B9B-7E2C-4EF4-9298-EBEB25F3E9CB.jpeg

3 hours ago, burreaux said:

Danville completely smothered Garrard Saturday night. I know Garrard isn't the strongest team this year but they lived in the backfield all night. I think that if they are able to neutralize the o-line push then the speed of Danville's linebackers and secondary are comparable to what Boyle has on offense. Danville completely dominated Garrard, I would be surprised if Boyle was lighting up the scoreboard like some are thinking.

So Boyle's oline is better than Garrard but worse than Lincolns?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.