Up and coming players in NKY

• theguru changed the title to Up and coming players in NKY

Highlands Devon James, RB Class of 2025

Highlands Rio Litmer, QB Class of 2026

Highlands Max Merz, OT Class of 2026(6'4"-298lbs)

Highlands Spencer Clukey, TE Class of 2027(6'-4"-210lbs)

• Like 3

Union Raiders had a really nice middle school team. Verax kid, I think a RB/LB named Rush maybe? And a RB/SS type kid Keagan Maher who’s going to Cooper. 

7 hours ago, BirdDaddy said:

Highlands Devon James, RB Class of 2025

Highlands Rio Litmer, QB Class of 2026

Highlands Max Merz, OT Class of 2026(6'4"-298lbs)

Highlands Spencer Clukey, TE Class of 2027(6'-4"-210lbs)

Those are some studs already. Its going to be fun watching them develop. From the looks of things in FT, the right people are in place to accomplish that. May still be a year off, still some uh, lets say parents that haven't and "wont" buy in to the new regime. But yeah, these young athletes will be fun to watch. The Clukey boy...has the potential to be big time IMO. Actually all 4 do.

Go Birds!

12 hours ago, DearToday said:

Union Raiders had a really nice middle school team. Verax kid, I think a RB/LB named Rush maybe? And a RB/SS type kid Keagan Maher who’s going to Cooper. 

Ryle will have a group of Frosh from their back to back state middle school championship team.

Nate Verax QB/S, Dylan Lee WR/DB, Jacob Savage RB/LB, Gavin Lyons RB/LB, Anthony Coppola WR/DB, Kai Workman TE/DE

Current Frosh:

LJ Warner, Ryan Handorf, Bo Faul, Landon Lorms, Drake Meadows, Dillon Smith

• Like 1

12 hours ago, theguru said:

I was recently told that Cooper has a couple of great football players that will attend the 9th grade at Cooper later this year.  

Heard the same. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NKYRaider said:

Ryle will have a group of Frosh from their back to back state middle school championship team.

Nate Verax QB/S, Dylan Lee WR/DB, Jacob Savage RB/LB, Gavin Lyons RB/LB, Anthony Coppola WR/DB, Kai Workman TE/DE

Current Frosh:

Great group of incoming freshman and sophomores for Ryle. Look for Lorms and Gatlin OL / DL to make a varsity impact in their sophomore seasons. 

Maybe not considered up and comers anymore but you have QB Logan Verax (24), WR / S Kaden Gardner (23 - also with a D1 scholarship offer), RB / DB Lucas Colemire (23), LT Drew Dickerson (23)

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2022 at 6:11 AM, NKYRaider said:

Current Frosh:

Lee is a WR now? Haven't seen him in since last season, but he was one of the most dominant youth/middle school running backs I've seen in NKY in a while. No more RB for this young beast?

3 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

Lee is a WR now? Haven't seen him in since last season, but he was one of the most dominant youth/middle school running backs I've seen in NKY in a while. No more RB for this young beast?

He was probably the best 8th grade receiver in the state last year over 1,000 yards and close to 20tds if not more against a tough schedule that included wins over Johnson Central, North Pulaski 2x, Withrow - had multiple TDs and yards against the Chris Henry boys team, East Central IN. He makes an impact wherever they put him - may touch the ball more at WR in the Ryle offense than RB.

Still some jet sweeps in his future I bet.....