How Do you STOP the top 4 16th region teams?

Now is your chance to throw around your coaching strategies.

HOW DO YOU STOP, THE TOP 4 TEAMS IN CUBSTER'S POLL

1.Russell

2.Rose Hill

3.Ashland

4.Boyd

I watched Fairview give a valant effort against a Good Rose Hill team the other night, and as Champion stated in another post:

Rex may have showed his cards a little early in this one. This was basically a junk type defense. This will allow Rose Hill to be prepared come tournament time. I may have played it more straight up and suprised them in march. The good news for Rose Hill is they didnt play very well and still won.

I agree with everyone that Rex (& his staff) did an outstanding coaching job the other night, but give us (as a local 16th Region announcer says) "Your Recipes For Success" against each of the top 4 teams. I am still formulating my own opinion for my own question.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not so sure that you can STOP any of those four teams. They may have to knock each other off. Once you get about 6 teams deep in the 16th region, the talent level drops considerably. The real question might be, how do each of those schools plan to stop each other and not how does a Bath, Lewis, etc. stop them.

You guys may not believe it but I think that Russell and Ashland are the two teams to watch for. Russell obviously becuase they are inherently good and Ashland because there is much room for them to improve and they are still "leading the pack" so to say. They are my pick to win it all.

About rex and his staff. I think that coaches by nature are winners. Sure we would all love to win in March, but very few coaches I know are willing to sacrifice wins now for wins in March. The thought there, win when you can, get better everyday and you will win in March because you have improved.

I am not so sure that you can STOP any of those four teams. They may have to knock each other off. Once you get about 6 teams deep in the 16th region, the talent level drops considerably. The real question might be, how do each of those schools plan to stop each other and not how does a Bath, Lewis, etc. stop them.

You guys may not believe it but I think that Russell and Ashland are the two teams to watch for. Russell obviously becuase they are inherently good and Ashland because there is much room for them to improve and they are still "leading the pack" so to say. They are my pick to win it all.

About rex and his staff. I think that coaches by nature are winners. Sure we would all love to win in March, but very few coaches I know are willing to sacrifice wins now for wins in March. The thought there, win when you can, get better everyday and you will win in March because you have improved.

What is sad about the whole thing is that three of the top four are in the 64th district and one will not be moving on to the region

I would agree with milhouse on this.

Russell and the hill have gone and won big games out of the region and likely will be there in the end. Boyd has looked good early and Ashland is improving, but neither of those teams have played the quality as the other two have.

That 64th district is going to be a great tournament if everything plays out the way it is now.

Russell and the hill have gone and won big games out of the region and likely will be there in the end. Boyd has looked good early and Ashland is improving, but neither of those teams have played the quality as the other two have.

That 64th district is going to be a great tournament if everything plays out the way it is now.

Ashland's Schedule is just as strong if not stronger than Russell's and Rose Hill's. Madison Central Top 15 team, Louisville Iraqouis(sp.) a beat a PRP team who should be a Top 20 team,who just beat South Laurel, not to mention played Mason Co.,Boyd twice and a good Ironton team. Name Russell's and Rose Hill's Schedule's and show me how they are stronger?

Ashland's Schedule is just as strong if not stronger than Russell's and Rose Hill's. Madison Central Top 15 team, Louisville Iraqouis(sp.) a beat a PRP team who should be a Top 20 team,who just beat South Laurel, not to mention played Mason Co.,Boyd twice and a good Ironton team. Name Russell's and Rose Hill's Schedule's and show me how they are stronger?

It would help if you only listed your teams schedule rather than list the opponents of your opponents. At that rate, Lewis should be pretty proud of their schedule which includes Scott Co. who beat everyone. So, with that logic, Lewis Co. has the toughest schedule!

I think he was saying Rose Hill and Russell have had the best showing outside of the 16th. While Ashland did play well against Madison Central, getting beat by Ironton and destroyd by Mason doesnt say much. Ashland does play a tough schedule, I do think that Russell and Rose Hill have a slight edge over them.