2022 Final Four

John Anthony

I like North Carolina over Duke. I just think the Tar Heels are playing a little bitter all around than the Blue Devils.

I Kansas over Villanova especially after it was just announced that Nova guard Justin Moore tore his achilles last night.

In the finals I think Kansas wins in overtime in a great game.

29 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I like North Carolina over Duke. I just think the Tar Heels are playing a little bitter all around than the Blue Devils.

I Kansas over Villanova especially after it was just announced that Nova guard Justin Moore tore his achilles last night.

In the finals I think Kansas wins in overtime in a great game.

I was wanting Villanova to win it. However, with his injury it is obviously going to be difficult. So at this point I hope Kansas wins it, if Nova doesn’t. 

• Like 1

Kansas - Took apart a good Miami team today.  'Nova will be short handed.

Duke - Hard to win two in row when two powerhouses meet. This will be a battle every second from the opening tip.

Duke wins another championship and sens K out on top.  But this will also be battle. 

I know this scenario kills BBN fans but it could be worse.  It could be Pitino. 

No one is setting a record for winning the most Titles in this final 4 (UCLA-11) BUT, if either Kansas or Duke loses in the final, they will hold first place for the most title games lost at 7.

Duke has lost 6 (1964, 1978, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1999)

Kansas has lost 6 (1940, 1953, 1957, 1991, 2003, 2012)

Michigan has lost 6 (1965, 1976, 1992, 1993, 2013, 2018)

Also, if Carolina were to lose the final, they would join the top of the list with their 6th.  They are currently at 5 (1946, 1968, 1977, 1981, 2016)

I have shared this before. My research says the NCAA title winner is based on NBA talent. Every champion since 1980 had at least two NBA draft picks on their roster. Indiana 1987 is the only champion that did not have an NBA first rounder. Thirty-four of the forty champions had 3 or more NBA draft picks. Everyone can talk all they want about coaches, but even Coach K needs a lot of talent to win a title. And this year he has an abundance of it. Based on talent, Duke is winning this thing, no contest.

Duke - Four, perhaps 5, first round picks. Overwhelming favorite.

Kansas - Agbaji is a first rounder, Braun a second rounder in most mock drafts.

UNC - No definite first rounders but four potential draft picks.

Villanova - The only possible NBA pick (Moore) is injured and out. 

Duke gets on runs where they are unbelievable. I just think they have a great deal of talent. Williams play in the middle is key. Duke over Kansas( love Villanova but Moore's injury is huge) by 5 in final. Duke will not let NC embarrass them again in semis.

10 hours ago, The Raven said:

No one is setting a record for winning the most Titles in this final 4 (UCLA-11) BUT, if either Kansas or Duke loses in the final, they will hold first place for the most title games lost at 7.

Duke has lost 6 (1964, 1978, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1999)

Kansas has lost 6 (1940, 1953, 1957, 1991, 2003, 2012)

Michigan has lost 6 (1965, 1976, 1992, 1993, 2013, 2018)

Also, if Carolina were to lose the final, they would join the top of the list with their 6th.  They are currently at 5 (1946, 1968, 1977, 1981, 2016)

Interesting statistics here. 

All four mentioned above do at least have titles to go with the losses.  What program has the most losses without ever winning the big dance? 

20 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Interesting statistics here. 

All four mentioned above do at least have titles to go with the losses.  What program has the most losses without ever winning the big dance? 

Someone better with this stuff may have an answer, but the most I saw was a few teams with two losses. Looks like Michigan (aside from the no win teams) has the worst record all time in finals at 1-6.