Buddy Boeheim Suspension

MJAlltheWay24

Did anyone see the play yesterday in the Syracuse vs Florida State game?  Buddy basically punched a FSU player in the lower stomach, not quite the jewels.  The FSU player went down and they stopped play for injury but never reviewed the play.  It was a pretty easy to see on replay, I had the game on while at the gym during my lunch.  Play resumes.

After the game ACC officials announced a one game suspension, meaning Buddy won't be playing today, which could be his last game of his collegiate career (excluding NIT).

Jay Bilas posted a quick 2 min video last night saying that he shouldn't be suspended since the officials didn't review it and didn't catch it and those are the rules.  Basically, Buddy should get away with it because officials on the floor didn't see a blatant punch.  I have a hard time believing that Bilas would even say anything at all if Buddy had a different last name.

What do you think?  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Jay Bilas posted a quick 2 min video last night saying that he shouldn't be suspended since the officials didn't review it and didn't catch it and those are the rules.  Basically, Buddy should get away with it because officials on the floor didn't see a blatant punch.  I have a hard time believing that Bilas would even say anything at all if Buddy had a different last name.

Part of the Bilas shtick is to always go contrary to the NCAA or league officials. It gets old sometimes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Duke is overrated. They are an upset waiting to happen in March Madness.

Agreed and there will be a whole lot of people that have them mowing through the field on their bracket. If you can pick the correct round for an early exit it may be your ticket to collecting 💰

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 9:03 AM, bugatti said:

Part of the Bilas shtick is to always go contrary to the NCAA or league officials. It gets old sometimes.

This is exactly right.  

The right decision was made here.  I even think a one-game suspension is kind of generous.

• Like 1