Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Ukraine

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Yes, I believe atrocities/war crimes are being committed.  I’ve seen videos of civilians being shot.  I’ve seen women killed in recent days on humanitarian missions.  That’s not even mentioning civilian buildings being hit with missile strikes. 

Not to mention land mines.  Here is a headline from the mirror.co.uk:

"Land mines found on Ukraine escape routes that lead to Russia and Belarus."

  • Replies 715
  • Views 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the peo

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Another Russian General has been killed.  Ukrainian intelligence intercepted a call between two FSB agents discussing it. They were using regular SIM card cell phones because their secure communi

  • "You started it." Signed,  Everyone

Posted Images

No Politics Policy

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, White House, Capitol, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, bill, legislative process, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

The US is stepping up it's sanctions against Russia by eliminating the import of Russian oil. 

I don't even care if this helps me at the pump, but I'm glad to feel like we're funding the war against Ukraine a whole lot less. 

51 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

The US is stepping up it's sanctions against Russia by eliminating the import of Russian oil. 

I don't even care if this helps me at the pump, but I'm glad to feel like we're funding the war against Ukraine a whole lot less. 

Oil up to $127, I’m hoping it holds below $130, certainly $150.

53 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

The US is stepping up it's sanctions against Russia by eliminating the import of Russian oil. 

I don't even care if this helps me at the pump, but I'm glad to feel like we're funding the war against Ukraine a whole lot less. 

**glad to feel like we're not funding the war**

From AAA today, gas prices in Cali:

Regular $5.444

Midgrade $5.592

Premium $5.730

Diesel $5.834

================

Kentucky:

Regular $3.934

Midgrade $4.173

Premium $4.485

Diesel $4.669

Could this possibly be a permanent way out of Russian oil?

Just now, theguru said:

From AAA today, gas prices in Cali:

Regular $5.444

Midgrade $5.592

Premium $5.730

Diesel $5.834

================

Kentucky:

Regular $3.934

Midgrade $4.173

Premium $4.485

Diesel $4.669

Great time to get that Costco membership! 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Could this possibly be a permanent way out of Russian oil?

I hope so.  Other than Canada and maybe Mexico I don't see any reason to buy oil from anyone else.

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Great time to get that Costco membership! 

I don't fill up very often so my Kroger fuel points really help but I have heard that from several people on Costco.

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Great time to get that Costco membership! 

$3.75 to $4 seems like a psychological victory.

McDonald's says it is temporarily closing 850 restaurants in Russia in response to the Ukraine invasion.  The fog of war.

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

I don't fill up very often so my Kroger fuel points really help but I have heard that from several people on Costco.

The Costco I go to is usually always 30-40 cents cheaper than all other stations in our area. 

8 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

$3.75 to $4 seems like a psychological victory.

I hear you. The way I see it is I'm going to buy gas regardless, so the price is really irrelevant. But I'll still save $5 per fill up getting it from there. 

12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Could this possibly be a permanent way out of Russian oil?

The EU, which gets 40% of its gas and 27% of its oil from Russia, said it will eliminate two thirds of its Russian gas purchases by the end of the year. The EU also said it will end all Russian oil and gas purchases well before 2030.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.