Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Ukraine

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

I actually think China likes Russia taking over the “bad guy” role right now.  I think  they will sit tight right now.  I could actually see them eventually condemning  Russia after enough atrocities are committed.

America needs to start the process of decoupling from China. 

  • Replies 715
  • Views 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the peo

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Another Russian General has been killed.  Ukrainian intelligence intercepted a call between two FSB agents discussing it. They were using regular SIM card cell phones because their secure communi

  • "You started it." Signed,  Everyone

Posted Images

1 minute ago, theguru said:

From Google:

How many MiG-29 jets does Poland have?

Poland operates 21 single-seat and six two-seat MiG-29s, according to Jane's World Air Forces. (22 hours ago)

Obviously if these or a subset goes to Ukraine they are not coming back.  What does Poland do to replace them?  New F-16s?  The arms merchants always make out it seems. 

 

Just now, Bluegrasscard said:

Obviously if these or a subset goes to Ukraine they are not coming back.  What does Poland do to replace them?  New F-16s?  The arms merchants always make out it seems. 

 

As of a couple of days ago my understanding is it will be a swap of Mig29s to Ukraine in exchange for the more advanced F16s to Poland.  It will take awhile to "fit" new F16s for Poland so in the meantime it will require American air assets stationed in Poland to "backfill" the loss of the Migs. 

5 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I actually think China likes Russia taking over the “bad guy” role right now.  I think  they will sit tight right now.  I could actually see them eventually condemning  Russia after enough atrocities are committed.

In the moment I think China loves what is happening and I agree there is no telling how they will react to the final outcome. 

3 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I actually think China likes Russia taking over the “bad guy” role right now.  I think  they will sit tight right now.  I could actually see them eventually condemning  Russia after enough atrocities are committed.

Are we sure on all these supposed atrocities?  The Snake Island thing sounded interesting - till it was dis-proven. 

The Ukrainians were killing each other before this war and there are the para-military groups militarily run parts of the country.  The Azov Battalion and Russian separatists (those wanting to join back with Russia in the east) have no love lost. 

Being part of a negotiation team (or in the meetings at least) may not be good for ones health. 

Very odd circumstances around the death Denis Kireev.  He was with the formal Ukraine delgation but not a formal delegate in meetings with Russia delegates on February 28th. 

Its worth a google on him and his odd passing. 

 

 

3 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Being part of a negotiation team (or in the meetings at least) may not be good for ones health. 

Very odd circumstances around the death Denis Kireev.  He was with the formal Ukraine delgation but not a formal delegate in meetings with Russia delegates on February 28th. 

Its worth a google on him and his odd passing. 

I skimmed an article, sounds like the accusation is Kireev was a "double agent" and if so that would give both Ukraine and Russia motive to assassinate him. 

36 minutes ago, theguru said:

America needs to start the process of decoupling from China. 

I frankly don't think we know how.  If the last couple of years weren't enough to really galvanize us all to do it - supply chain issues in particular being a painful symptom of our over reliance on overseas labor - what will?

6 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I frankly don't think we know how.  If the last couple of years weren't enough to really galvanize us all to do it - supply chain issues in particular being a painful symptom of our over reliance on overseas labor - what will?

Maybe an invasion of Taiwan but clearly we better get busy or our children, grandchildren and beyond are going to pay a heavy price. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

America needs to start the process of decoupling from China. 

And pay more for goods? We see the uproar for gas prices. If we stopped buying product from China the Karen's would really have a fit over their trips to Target. 

Current Russian demands at the negotiation table:

 Ukraine halt its military activity, change its Constitution to include neutrality so it can't join the EU or NATO, recognize Crimea as Russian territory and recognize independence for the separatist regions of Donetsk and Lugansk.

Russia is actively recruiting Syrians to fight for them in Ukraine. 

One analyst on TV today said that the bulk of Russian ground forces are in Ukraine already. If that is true, it is shocking that Russia seems to be struggling as they are.

Speaking of China. If China goes after Taiwan in a military offensive and the same sanctions were placed on them it would devastate China. 

China relies much more on the rest of the world to buy their products than Russia does. Russia is selling energy, which the world actually needs. China is selling consumer goods which aren't necessities. 

If the same sanctions were placed on China, it could take a decade or more for them to recover.

As much as I thought what Russia was doing would embolden China, I now think the wide ranging sanctions will give them pause.

3 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Are we sure on all these supposed atrocities?  The Snake Island thing sounded interesting - till it was dis-proven. 

The Ukrainians were killing each other before this war and there are the para-military groups militarily run parts of the country.  The Azov Battalion and Russian separatists (those wanting to join back with Russia in the east) have no love lost. 

Yes, I believe atrocities/war crimes are being committed.  I’ve seen videos of civilians being shot.  I’ve seen women killed in recent days on humanitarian missions.  That’s not even mentioning civilian buildings being hit with missile strikes. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.