Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Ukraine

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, sportsfan41 said:

Sadly.  Hopefully they don’t wait too long. 

I agree, what the Mig29 debate shows us is the world is not on the same page when it comes to Ukraine and that is scary. 

  • Replies 715
  • Views 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the peo

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Another Russian General has been killed.  Ukrainian intelligence intercepted a call between two FSB agents discussing it. They were using regular SIM card cell phones because their secure communi

  • "You started it." Signed,  Everyone

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Yeah, I thought the US and virtually every other country had done this. Maybe the cutting off of all oil was the final straw?

From what I gather most other countries are not in a position to cut off Russian gas/oil so I don't think many other countries are doing too much.  Our decision to cut off oil from Russia is mostly symbolic (but I agree proper) and not something to focus on like many media outlets have been doing.  Ukraine needs more lethal arms.  It is either that or the world is "standing by" while Ukraine is slaughtered. 

Best I can tell Saudi Arabia and the UAE are not going to produce additional oil.  That leaves Iran and Venezuela as possibilities.  Or we can pump more oil/natural gas in America but I believe we are close to capacity unless we take immediate action to do anything and everything to produce more energy in America which doesn't appear to be the plan right now.  

22 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree, what the Mig29 debate shows us is the world is not on the same page when it comes to Ukraine and that is scary. 

Poland was ready and willing.  It was a win/win situation for them.  Just makes me wonder who exactly on the US side is opposed. 

13 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Poland was ready and willing.  It was a win/win situation for them.  Just makes me wonder who exactly on the US side is opposed. 

The "who" is not for BGP.

=================

The basic fact is America is saying no to the Mig29s so at this point we are only willing to help the Ukrainians to an extent but that has been obvious from the beginning so nothing to see here from where I sit.

2 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Russia now says the US has declared “economic” war on us.  Alright, now what?

I recall reading about this sort of action leading to broader escalations - in 1941. 

 

 

I also listened to someone that claims America's position is to make the Ukraine another Afghanistan where ultimately there is an insurgency that drags on and spills Russian blood over a long period of time resulting in Russia eventually giving up.  Of course to accomplish that you can't provide the Ukrainians with what they need now, you have to "slow roll" them (like I believe America is doing) to allow Russia to "win" for the time being.

13 minutes ago, theguru said:

The "who" is not for BGP.

=================

The basic fact is America is saying no to the Mig29s so at this point we are only willing to help the Ukrainians to an extent but that has been obvious from the beginning so nothing to see here from where I sit.

It is quite the predicament. It is easy on the surface to say "there is no way we should get involved in international affairs and be independent." But when you are tied to these things economically, or set that aside, are watching a humanitarian crisis take place, it is hard to sit on the sidelines.

7 minutes ago, bugatti said:

It is quite the predicament. It is easy on the surface to say "there is no way we should get involved in international affairs and be independent." But when you are tied to these things economically, or set that aside, are watching a humanitarian crisis take place, it is hard to sit on the sidelines.

Right, ultimately I think it is a question of looking in the mirror and asking yourself who you are in this world. 

57 minutes ago, theguru said:

I also listened to someone that claims America's position is to make the Ukraine another Afghanistan where ultimately there is an insurgency that drags on and spills Russian blood over a long period of time resulting in Russia eventually giving up.  Of course to accomplish that you can't provide the Ukrainians with what they need now, you have to "slow roll" them (like I believe America is doing) to allow Russia to "win" for the time being.

The great thing about America is there are 750+ people with enough power and influence to make sure a story like that doesn't really happen. A person presenting a theory like that makes me question them and their motives.

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

The great thing about America is there are 750+ people with enough power and influence to make sure a story like that doesn't really happen. A person presenting a theory like that makes me question them and their motives.

Maybe that person is an Island of Reality in an Ocean of Diarrhea.

Everything aside, put this filter (Slow Roll Insurgency Theory) on the events that are happening and test it in your own mind.  That is what I am doing, considering all possibilities. 

Headline from The Daily Wire:

"Russia Threatens To Send Oil Prices To $300 Per Barrel Or Higher If West Bans Oil Imports."

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Maybe that person is an Island of Reality in an Ocean of Diarrhea.

People who propose they have figured out something that 99% of the rest of the world doesn't know about - big red flag for me. The first place I look is where do they make their money. Unfortunately the internet has made it far too easy for a lot of wacky people to become multi- millionaires.

Just now, theguru said:

Headline from The Daily Wire:

"Russia Threatens To Send Oil Prices To $300 Per Barrel Or Higher If West Bans Oil Imports."

Evidence that THE WORLD has got Russia where they want them. I'll pay $10 a gallon if it fixes the problem in Russia.

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

People who propose they have figured out something that 99% of the rest of the world doesn't know about - big red flag for me. The first place I look is where do they make their money. Unfortunately the internet has made it far too easy for a lot of wacky people to become multi- millionaires.

War and a humanitarian crisis create a lot of potential to profit for an elite few. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.