9th Region All-Star Team vs. Covington Catholic Colonels

1 hour ago, Instride said:

Disagree.  Without Chandler, they are in line with than Lloyd and Highlands and Holy Cross and Cooper and Conner.

45 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

I think you will have to agree, they have taken a step backwards.

But what if they a 6'6" center transfers from Georgia?

20 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

But what if they a 6'6" center transfers from Georgia?

Counting on a transfer from a couple states and multiple hours away is your counter point to their won't be a drop off?  I think I will stick with knowing that losing Starks and Rylee will be a drop off. 

Also, Colonels_Wear_Blue what is your drop off meter if Ruthsatz isn't the coach next year?  

If we are doing hypothetical 6'6" bigs from Georgia maybe John Brannen or Chris Mack will come in to coach.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hoops Junkie said:

Counting on a transfer from a couple states and multiple hours away is your counter point to their won't be a drop off?  I think I will stick with knowing that losing Starks and Rylee will be a drop off. 

Also, Colonels_Wear_Blue what is your drop off meter if Ruthsatz isn't the coach next year?  

If we are doing hypothetical 6'6" bigs from Georgia maybe John Brannen or Chris Mack will come in to coach.

I'm not too terribly concerned about that, if I'm honest.

I find this situation fascinating.  If you take the word of some and football was an option at Cov Cath (and I have  no reason to doubt that) then why the move to Anderson?

Could this just be a kid missing his friends?  Or is there more going on in Park Hills that isn’t being reported?

Good luck to him, he will be an animal on Friday Nights.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 9:01 PM, TheConch said:

If your Coach E comment was about wanting Starks to play football, you are correct. I meant to add in there “take a break, and come back and join us after the weekend.” It was not Eddie turned him away.

You have a very unique take on the way this went down.

2 hours ago, The Oracle said:

Good luck to Chandler. Hopefully he focuses on just playing solid football at Anderson and leaves the backstage dramatics behind.

Some coaches are less inclined to want that in their locker room.

So are you saying there was some “drama” surrounding this kid?

6 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

So are you saying there was some “drama” surrounding this kid?

I guess that depends on your definition of drama. If making a grandiose performance of "I think I want to quit the basketball team" and "I wanna go to a different school" every semester and fighting for attention at every turn fits into your definition of drama, then yes that's what I'm saying.

• Thanks 2

this is totally not fair for this kid and I have no dog in the fight.  Appears that if a person is one of US - protect them.  If they are not - expose them.    Not a good look IMO.  Says more about the culture and less about a teenager's attitude who played pretty dang hard for you and who actually brought other kids to your school.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Instride said:

this is totally not fair for this kid and I have no dog in the fight.  Appears that if a person is one of US - protect them.  If they are not - expose them.    Not a good look IMO.  Says more about the culture and less about a teenager's attitude who played pretty dang hard for you and who actually brought other kids to your school.  

Bingo!