9th Region All-Star Team vs. Covington Catholic Colonels

I do think a 9th Region All Star team could beat the Colonels. Here's who I'd have on my AS Team

Jacob Meyer (Holy Cross)

Quantez Calloway (Holmes)

Cameron Boyd (Beechwood)

Zack Barth (Highland)

Billy Wogenstahl (Dixie)

BENCH - Caleb Brooks (Cooper), Landen Hamilton (Conner), Joel Iles (NCC), Kiernan Geraci (Dixie), Maddux Hoffman (DEFENSE), Jeremiah Israel (Lloyd), Donovan Robinson (Ryle)

ALTERNATES: Will Herald (Highlands), Javy Ward (Holy Cross), Camden Fedders (CRU), Jashaun Pouncy (Boone), Cole Shumate (Boone), Robert Sanders (Newport), Lorenzo Price (Dayton)

• Like 2

Starting 5:

Billy Wogenstahl - Dixie, Jacob Meyer - Holy Cross, Landen Hamilton - Conner, Will Herald - Highlands, Quantez Calloway - Holmes 

3 Reserves:

Kiernan Geraci - Dixie 

Jeremiah Israel - Lloyd

Zac Barth - Highlands 

Rounding out a Team of Ten:

Caleb Brooks - Cooper

Donovan Robinson - Ryle 

I broke my own rules a little. 

• Like 1

Following the format:

Jacob Meyer (Holy Cross)

Quantez Calloway (Holmes)

Cameron Boyd (Beechwood)

Zack Barth (Highland)

Billy Wogenstahl (Dixie)

NEXT THREE - Caleb Brooks (Cooper), Landen Hamilton (Conner), Kiernan Geraci (Dixie), 

FINAL TWO - Joel Iles (NCC), Maddux Hoffman (Holy Cross) 

•  
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Instride said:

Agree, you may want to add a couple to CovCath to beat the team that you assemble.  No one team in the 9th has what CC has, but to think an all star team from the 9th could not beat them is not giving some really good players credit.

Whose is your team?

4 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Preston Baggett (Dayton) 14.2 points per game, 12.8 rebs per game

Cameron Boyd (Beechwood) 21.5 points per game, 6.0 rebs per game

Quantez Calloway (Holmes) 28.8 points per game, 9.2 rebs per game

Ethan Mulling (Calvary Christian)  20.2 points per game, 8.3 rebs per game

Blake Reed (Bracken County) 28.9 points per game

Billy Wogenstahl (Dixie Heights) 16.0 points per game, 8.7 rebs per game

Calvary and Bracken are in the 10th region.

5 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Maybe a more interesting angle to this question of "Who could beat Cov Cath this year" would be, Which teams in the 9th Region on their best night could knock off an average Cov Cath night....

Now let's not go crazy and say well if so and so shoots 80% they could knock off Cov Cath....maybe change it up and say what game did they play this year could they beat Cov Cath if the replicated that type of play.

For example:

I will take the Highlands team that beat Holy Cross (87-72) and NCC (90-60).....those 2 games HHS really played extremely well....they play like those games I'll go up against Cov Cath this year and maybe come away with a win.....

I have my fingers crossed that the above HHS team shows up at BBT next weekend...

Please read title of thread.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UCME said:

Forget the “all star”conversation let’s go with if Highlands, Cooper, Dixie, Conner could add two players to their current roster what would result be! In my opinion all 4 teams plus 2 would win more then lose. Love It  @B-Ball Fan you knew what you were doing with this one! 

Please read title of thread.

21 minutes ago, Big Red said:

"All-star teams fail because they solely rely on the individual's talent"... The great Herb Brooks

Forgive the tangent:

Doing this exercise I was thinking, "What sports team (any sport) in the 9th Region could beat the talent of a 9th Region All Star Team"...... This years NDA Panda soccer team....I don't think you could have pulled a 9th Region All Star Team that could've beat that team this year.  Is Socceramma soon??

• Like 1

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.