9th Region All-Star Team vs. Covington Catholic Colonels

7 minutes ago, Instride said:

I guess the rumors were accurate.  But its odd that he did not just play football at covcath.  Definitely makes the 9th interesting. 

I first heard the rumor he was leaving early this past summer. Apparently, he did show up for football practice but was quickly ushered away by the basketball coaches….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gbballfan21 said:

I first heard the rumor he was leaving early this past summer. Apparently, he did show up for football practice but was quickly ushered away by the basketball coaches….

Even with no tape, I think if he shows up at a Mac or Sun Belt school this spring for a camp, I think there’s a very good chance he comes away with an offer at tight end based on his size and athleticism. Assuming he has some hand-eye coordination, guys who are that big and athletic are not waiting long to get offered. Frustrating for the fans/alums that he wasn't able to do it at CCH, but I really hope it works out for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I was told the exact same thing, but then again what do I know.

That's just not accurate. Chandler did show up at football workouts for a while last year, and he did not end up playing football, but there was never any involvement by the basketball coaches at Cov Cath. 

Cov Cath continues to have multiple players on both the football and basketball teams. Anyone who wants to try to make an argument that the basketball coaches "don't allow" their players to play football can quickly and easily be proven wrong.

@gbballfan21 you seem to continually bring that up in thread after thread after thread. You're incorrect.

• Like 3

Chandler was actually encouraged to play football. The idea that you can’t play other sports at CCH if you’re on the basketball team is just not true and never was, even before the Ruthsatz era. Both the Mayer brothers played. Aiden Jones played this year and there are a total of five players who now play football and basketball at either the JV or varsity level. Brady Hussey is a stellar tennis player who won the region as a freshman and has a shot at state in his career. Ruthsatz actually encourages his players to play other sports. These are the facts! 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

That's just not accurate. Chandler did show up at football workouts for a while last year, and he did not end up playing football, but there was never any involvement by the basketball coaches at Cov Cath. 

Cov Cath continues to have multiple players on both the football and basketball teams. Anyone who wants to try to make an argument that the basketball coaches "don't allow" their players to play football can quickly and easily be proven wrong.

@gbballfan21 you seem to continually bring that up in thread after thread after thread. You're incorrect.

Good, I certainly hope that’s not the case but it’s weird that people elsewhere have heard the same thing. Carry on

58 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Incorrect. But that’s for another day to dispute this one. Not enough daylight left.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Incorrect. But that’s for another day to dispute this one. Not enough daylight left.

Correct. I just talked to a friend over there on the staff.  When I asked if he was allowed to play, the response was:

”if he was, why is he going back to Anderson to play and not staying here”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

Correct. I just talked to a friend over there on the staff.  When I asked if he was allowed to play, the response was:

”if he was, why is he going back to Anderson to play and not staying here”

Bingo. And then some. 

Goodluck Chandler, go be a kid. Proud of his decision to do what he wants to do.

• Like 1

Wish Chandler all the best.  Good luck to him in football and everything else.  

I am curious about a couple of things though.  It seems like more than a few of the out of state kids that went to CovCath never finished.  Ex: Colin Mchale, Walker Horn, Alexander Parks (Manman), and now Chandler have decided finishing out at CovCath was not for them.  I am not even pretending to know or understand their individual situations, but is seems a little odd, right?

Also, Evan Ipsaro is the real deal and deserves every offer he gets from any college interested in his skills.  However, rumor is that Ruthsatz could be headed to Miami(OH) to join the staff of Travis Steele.  This would make a ton of sense since Steele at X just a few weeks ago had not expressed any interest (at least publicly) in Evan up to this point.  Then suddenly is at Miami and Evan becomes one of if not the first recruit he reaches out to.  Great opportunity for Evan for sure, just makes me think there is a little more than smoke to this rumor.  Guess we will find out soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoops Junkie said:

Wish Chandler all the best.  Good luck to him in football and everything else.  

I am curious about a couple of things though.  It seems like more than a few of the out of state kids that went to CovCath never finished.  Ex: Colin Mchale, Walker Horn, Alexander Parks (Manman), and now Chandler have decided finishing out at CovCath was not for them.  I am not even pretending to know or understand their individual situations, but is seems a little odd, right?

Also, Evan Ipsaro is the real deal and deserves every offer he gets from any college interested in his skills.  However, rumor is that Ruthsatz could be headed to Miami(OH) to join the staff of Travis Steele.  This would make a ton of sense since Steele at X just a few weeks ago had not expressed any interest (at least publicly) in Evan up to this point.  Then suddenly is at Miami and Evan becomes one of if not the first recruit he reaches out to.  Great opportunity for Evan for sure, just makes me think there is a little more than smoke to this rumor.  Guess we will find out soon.

Ruthsatz was not at school today.