Mississippi State at Kentucky Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Mississippi State vs. Kentucky  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miss. State
    • Kentucky

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/26/2022 at 02:06 AM

3 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Do we see Sharpe tonight?

Yes, I think he plays. Listening to Tom Leach Show this morning and he had Larry Vaughn as a guest and he seems to think he will play. Commented that from what he hears the other players want him to play. From their discussion it sounded like he may see action against Mississippi State. 

I am not so sure that this game was circled all along as the one to bring Sharpe in...If TY Ty and Wheeler are both out, it's a no brainer IMO to let him play, if he is going to play at all this year.  

16 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

If he doesn't play tonight, I don't know why we'd expect him to play at all.  I don't care if he doesn't know all the plays, we need him if TyTy and Wheeler are out.

Besides, I thought Cal didn't run plays just concepts?

I agree.  If he is healthy and does not play than no reason to have him dress and sit on the bench.  Sounds like they are going to be short handed tonight so might as well see what he can do.  He's supposed to be a slashing wing, so if he doesn't quite know the offense, so what? Just clear out the lane and let him dribble drive, that's supposed to be they way Cal wants to play anyhow.  I've heard the argument that he didn't get experience from all the non-conference warm up games, well, he's supposed to be the #1 player in his class, correct? So I don't think it's unfair to compare him to Banchero.  He only scored 22 in his first NCAA game vs. UK so I see no reason that Sharpe couldn't contribute at some level. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

If he doesn't play tonight, I don't know why we'd expect him to play at all.  I don't care if he doesn't know all the plays, we need him if TyTy and Wheeler are out.

Besides, I thought Cal didn't run plays just concepts?

Incorrect. Calipari pays players to come to UK and he rolls out the basketball.

Joking aside, it is a big leap from high school to college competition. Unless he is a prodigy type physical specimen (don't believe he is that, I don't know), then it will take him time to adjust.

• Haha 1