What Supplements Are You Taking?

The COVID thread made me think this may be a good discussion and hopefully beneficial to some. What daily supplements are you taking? I currently take a daily multivitamin (One A Day), and a Vitamin D supplement. I was severely Vitamin D deficient a couple years ago, so I have been taking a supplement since then and have gotten back into "normal" ranges. 

• Like 1

I probably should look into this also. Haven't looked into it because I have been so blessed with good genes. I never get sick. Got COVID and it was a total non event for me - 3 days with a minor cough. My only supplement taken is 3 doses of Pfizer. 😉

That said, a daily vitamin is something I need to look into.

I have been slacking for some time in my regiment. To start, if we eat the right foods, get outside and exercise, the supplements are less important.

- Fish oil
- CoQ10
- Glucosomene
- Multivitamin

Also important to note there are bad and good vitamins. Let's take fish oil (Omega 3 fatty acids), for example. You get the same benefit by eating salmon. But, as we know there is a difference between a bad piece of a fish and a good one. Same goes for vitamins/supplements. You take the cheap fish oil, it is the equivalent of buying the smelly discounted salmon at the grocery store.

• Thanks 2

One a day vitamin is about it for me.  But I do take a scoop (24 grams) of protein after every workout.  Strongly considering an attempt at doubling my protein intake for a month or two to see what kind of difference I see. 

2 hours ago, The Raven said:

I was not.  K was never mentioned.

Gotcha.  My doctor said I needed to make sure to take the K along with it, otherwise it could increase my chances at having kidney stones (again).  Something about the K helping funnel the calcium to the bones instead of elsewhere.

5 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Gotcha.  My doctor said I needed to make sure to take the K along with it, otherwise it could increase my chances at having kidney stones (again).  Something about the K helping funnel the calcium to the bones instead of elsewhere.

I've had kidney stones once before.   I may need to check into that as well.