What Supplements Are You Taking?

TheDeuce

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I've definitely heard Fish Oil from a lot of people... What are the main benefits?

Heart health is usually the main reason a lot of people take it.  Can help with BP, cholesterol, triglycerides, etc.

I took it for awhile, but stopped because of a fishy "aftertaste" every now and then.  (See the earlier post about "good" versus "cheap" supplements.)  I switched to Krill Oil afterwards (mainly the same benefits, but have not had any bad aftertaste).  Ran out of it, and haven't gotten any to replace it.  This is a good reminder. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Heart health is usually the main reason a lot of people take it.  Can help with BP, cholesterol, triglycerides, etc.

I took it for awhile, but stopped because of a fishy "aftertaste" every now and then.  (See the earlier post about "good" versus "cheap" supplements.)  I switched to Krill Oil afterwards (mainly the same benefits, but have not had any bad aftertaste).  Ran out of it, and haven't gotten any to replace it.  This is a good reminder. 

Don't ask how, but I had a fish oil supplement explode in my mouth once. Tastes exactly what you think it would taste like, but on steroids.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Don't ask how, but I had a fish oil supplement explode in my mouth once. Tastes exactly what you think it would taste like, but on steroids.

Ewwww.  I can't even imagine that stuff full strength.  Mine was bad enough when I happened to burp an hour or two after taking it.  🤢

10 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I've definitely heard Fish Oil from a lot of people... What are the main benefits?

Also supposed to help fight inflimation throughout the body and brain function decline.  My step mom actually started taking it after a stroke.  I've taken it in the past but didn't keep up.  Might start it again soon. 

• Thanks 1