Raiders at Bengals Predictions/Updates (AFC Wildcard)

Raiders vs. Bengals  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Wild Card Weekend Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/15/2022 at 09:36 PM

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Bengals won two months ago behind a great defensive effort and running game. The bengals didn’t do much in the passing game, and didn’t try to. They stuck with the run all game. So I think the Bengals will open it up a little more this time, but will still need to be successful running the ball to slow down a very good Raiders pass rush. 

Was just trying to compare what the Bengals have versus what the Chargers brought to the table last night. 

QB - Burrow vs Herbert 

RB - Mixon vs Eckler

WR's - Chase/Higgins/Boyd vs. Williams/Allen/Guyton

TE - Uzomah vs Cook

And, just on paper, you'd have to say the Bengals match up very favorably.  Now, I realize that this isn't Stratomatic, and that there's a lot of other factors that can come into play.  I certainly don't think it'll be good if Burrow drops back to pass 64 times, but on the other hand, I hope Taylor doesn't get too conservative with the run.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Was just trying to compare what the Bengals have versus what the Chargers brought to the table last night. 

QB - Burrow vs Herbert 

RB - Mixon vs Eckler

WR's - Chase/Higgins/Boyd vs. Williams/Allen/Guyton

TE - Uzomah vs Cook

And, just on paper, you'd have to say the Bengals match up very favorably.  Now, I realize that this isn't Stratomatic, and that there's a lot of other factors that can come into play.  I certainly don't think it'll be good if Burrow drops back to pass 64 times, but on the other hand, I hope Taylor doesn't get too conservative with the run.

Wow a Strat-o-matic reference.  👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I just saw a cool interview on ESPN's NFL Countdown show with Coach O talking about Joe and Ja'Marr. It was cool at the end of the interview instead of saying "Go Tigers" he said "Go Bengals".

Here is some good Joe Burrow stuff from that show and the Coach O interview:

• Coach O said when they were recruiting Burrow, they had a meeting with Burrow on campus that had several coaches in the room also. Coach O said 5 minutes into the interview it was clear to him that Joe Burrow was the smartest person in the room, including himself.

• On Burrow's toughness and leadership - I believe this story was from Burrow's junior season. LSU vs. Georgia. Coach O said Burrow got hit by what Coach O thought should have been a targeting call. Burrow was down. Caoch O was complaining to the refs and called for the back up QB to get ready. Burrow got up and said "Forget that stuff" (clean version), and then proceeded to lead LSU to scores on their next 3 possessions. That is when Burrow took over the leadership of LSU's team in Coach O's eyes.

• In Burrow's six biggest games of his college and pro career, he is 6-0, averaging 440 yards passing, with 27 TD passes and zero (yes, zero) interceptions.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1