Who should be #3  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be #3

• Cincinnati
    • Michigan
    • Notre Dame
    • Ohio State
    • Other (Explain in comments)

I think Bama was just a really bad match up for UC. 

UGA and Bama are on another level this year. UC could have competed better with and beaten Michigan.

• Thanks 1

I’ll let the next slate of major bowl games play out, but you honestly could make an argument for about 7 or 8 other teams and I wouldn’t dismiss it as silly. Of course that also means these same teams could be as low as #10 or #11, which makes sense, too.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bugatti said:

I’ll let the next slate of major bowl games play out, but you honestly could make an argument for about 7 or 8 other teams and I wouldn’t dismiss it as silly. Of course that also means these same teams could be as low as #10 or #11, which makes sense, too.

This all day long. 

Cincinnati for me.  With all the Covid absences, cancellations, opt outs and teams playing shorthanded I don't put much stock in any of the games outside of the playoffs.  To me it has to be one of the teams picked in the top 4.  Out of those I think UC was better than Michigan.  

Since MI and UC both lost and Ohio State is currently in a no defense allowed shootout, IF either Baylor or Mississippi can win comfortably (not a blowout, but comfortably) I can see them leapfrogging the others up to 3.

5 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

With the comeback by the Buckeyes, I think they'll claim the #3 spot. 

With losses to Oregon and Michigan and squeaking by a representative of a weak PAC 12? Maybe. I think Utah is a good team but Ohio State sure couldn't stop them...even a walk on threw a TD to tie. I think Oklahoma State is 3/4 with Cincinnati.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Absolute travesty if they sniff the top 4. Defensively they were trash. They'd have lost to Georgia and Alabama both worse than Cincy and Michigan did. A comeback against Utah isn't the greatest resume builder.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

How do they leap frog over a Michigan team that manhandled them?  

• Like 1

Okay, I will readily admit I did not read the original post correctly,  of who deserves to be #3.  In that Instance, a case can be made for Cincinnati. 

However, I don't see the committee improving their ranking, even though they lost.  And I don't see how Michigan drops just one spot, when they looked totally lost in their game. So, just based off of who was where, and whether they won or not, I think there's a possibility that Ohio State climbs up 2 spots to fill the void. That's all.

We can disagree with it as far as saying whether or not they deserve it. But I can see it happening.