Georgia vs. Alabama (CFP Championship) Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Georgia vs. Alabama  

16 members have voted

1. 1. National Championship Who wins?

On 12/31/2021 at 11:32 PM, John Anthony said:

Imagine that, the two teams with who finish 1 & 2 pretty much every year in recruiting and collectively have the most 5 stars are in the title games.  This isn’t basketball, Cinderella isn’t ever gonna make it/win it.

Cinderella doesn't win in basketball either. It always comes down to who has the studs.

16 hours ago, bugatti said:

Nonsense! Expand this thing to 32 teams!

So you propose an 18 game season for the champions/runner-up?? 12 regular season, 1 conference championship, 5 playoff games? Wow.

I could be for a 6 team playoff with the top 2 rated teams getting byes in the first round. Or maybe even an 8 team playoff. Anything more than that would be useless.

But this year it was going to be Georgia and Alabama regardless in the championship game. However, that may not be the case going forward every year if there’s a slight expansion of teams in the playoffs. It may become more balanced and competitive.

By the way, I think Alabama wins on Jan 10.

• Like 1

This is closest national championship I can think of.  I really can't pick who I think will win.  I hope Georgia does for the sake of their fans who have been waiting so long for a championship but I can argue either winning this game pretty evenly.

UGA friend of mine says that once the Conference Title game started to get away from them, that UGA went pretty vanilla on defense. No exotic pressure, no combo coverage, just played D straight up. He says they have a lot left to show Bama that they haven't seen yet. He truly feels UGA defense will hold Alabama to less than 20 points in the title game.

He also guarantees that if UGA is down at the half, that Kirby will pull a Tua and make a QB change mid-game.

UGA fans were crowing to anyone that would listen 4 weeks ago about how they would beat Bama. They still seem confident, but it's more of a quiet confidence. 

I guess we'll see come Monday night.

17 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

ESPN: Regular Broadcast 

ESPN2: Film Room w/Jimbo Fisher

ESPNNEWS: Skycast

ESPNU: Command Center w/live stats

SEC Network: Hometown Radio Alabama and Georgia (no idea how they'll divide this up)

I like Skycast.

• Like 1