Open Job: Lexington Catholic

WOFOJP61

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

When you go to buy those years you find out it is rather expensive.

Again, I truly appreciate you educating me on the pension system. That expense is an upfront cost that a lot of people in the position Bob Sphire is in, find as worth it to be fully vested in the pension system so that they have healthcare. 

Believe it or not, this is the exact same thing Coach Mueller did at HHS to retire when he did. 

15 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Can this job be filled yet? Or is this in for a long run of just speculation and nervous energy by me?

No post since Tue....come on get er done!

I heard there was a meeting at the state finals. 🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Can this job be filled yet? Or is this in for a long run of just speculation and nervous energy by me?

No post since Tue....come on get er done!

If you look at their website, it states that application is due December 18th and start date January 1st, so from that I’m assuming they’ll announce on the first of the year. 

A lot of people have really helped the Sphire's transition to Ft Thomas for the Shpire's to turn their backs on them now. Sphire's Daughter and Grand Daughter are now in Ft Thomas from the Atlanta area and it's unlikely but not out of the Question the Family would bolt for Lex now. He's being paid ALOT of money to Coach at Highlands. And he has been very Vocal about the Incoming Freshman class. The class has 50+ kids playing as of now and he thinks that's the Class he wants to call his product. His body of work. His mark he put at Highlands. Pretty sure he is able to retire by the time the 2026 class is finished as well. He beams with excitement when he hears stories and meets Alumni and they talk about their playing days in Ft Thomas. He knows it's going to be a challenge but thinks he can get it done. I believe the SPHIRE's are staying in Ft Thomas for a few years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally...

If I were LexCath I would give a long hard look to see if someone on LCA's staff wants to move to the HC ranks. You get someone who knows how to navigate Fayette County and has done it at the Private School who has essentially passed your own program up in terms of success. LCA is very well coached. 

Dennis Johnson also would be a guy I would give a hard pursuit too after seeing what he has done at Woodford County. Adding a former UK player and a recognizable name would really work wonders in Lexington.

In both cases you could find a young coach who would see the obvious opportunity that LexCath presents.

I wouldn't go down the Sphire rabbit hole, personally. Great, great coach.. but if given the choice I would go younger and with less baggage or price tag.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

Personally...

If I were LexCath I would give a long hard look to see if someone on LCA's staff wants to move to the HC ranks. You get someone who knows how to navigate Fayette County and has done it at the Private School who has essentially passed your own program up in terms of success. LCA is very well coached. 

Dennis Johnson also would be a guy I would give a hard pursuit too after seeing what he has done at Woodford County. Adding a former UK player and a recognizable name would really work wonders in Lexington.

In both cases you could find a young coach who would see the obvious opportunity that LexCath presents.

I wouldn't go down the Sphire rabbit hole, personally. Great, great coach.. but if given the choice I would go younger and with less baggage or price tag.

Exactly, an out of state kinda guy, who is young and wants to come back to Lexington. lol

2 hours ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

WHAAAAAAAAAT? I guess Tom, (Richard) and Harry filled out an application 🤣

I'm just kidding. I'm sure there were some feelers and discussions at the state finals. This is an appealing job, albeit one that has slipped in prestige in recent years as @ATLCat alluded to. Public school kids going to Douglass, private school kids going to LCA, playing in a district with Boyle County. The right coach can turn it all around quite quickly, though.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

I like the Dennis Johnson idea a lot actually. Success at Woodford County which is really unheard of and a UK product could really be a good selling point for LexCath. 

The only negative thing about that i see is that he also doubles up as WC's AD and HC. I don't think he will give up those spot just to be the HC at LC.

• Like 1

Again everyone, you may not use the word "bet" in the high school forums:

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

• 2 weeks later...