Open Job: Lexington Catholic

WOFOJP61

56 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Yeah, and he can start drawing full benefits at like 85-90 lol. At Lex Cath for a long time, in Georgia quite a while. KTRS based on years and salary that you PAY retirement on, not what others may be ponying up.

I am quite familiar with how pensions work. Thanks. Bob also coached many years in KY before going to Lex Cath and Georgia. You can also buy years, which many people do, in order to get closer to your pension number. I know multiple coaches and teachers who have bought years in order to retire early or to add to their pension. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

I am quite familiar with how pensions work. Thanks. Bob also coached many years in KY before going to Lex Cath and Georgia. You can also buy years, which many people do, in order to get closer to your pension number. I know multiple coaches and teachers who have bought years in order to retire early or to add to their pension. 

Also, based on my Highlands education (and the riddle that was stated yesterday) Campbell County doesn't touch a county that touches Fayette.  So Bob is OUT!    I hope......

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

Why would he leave FC, go to a private school, and ditch his KTRS at a young age? Have worked public and private. Both have pension systems, but KTRS far superior. He also would eventually be affected by GEP and WPO as you also pay Social Security in Catholic schools. As you age, winning some football games becomes less important than financial security lol. Let me give you a name....Jim McKee, Scott County.

I realize this would be an interesting pick b/c you would still be 4A, still be in Boyle County's crosshairs BUT since Eddie is a young coach and if he is looking long term then let's play "Would you rather"....

Have the talent and resources that would be coming thru Lex Cath?

Have the talent and resources that would be coming thru Franklin County?

From an outsider looking south to this issue, I would pick Lex Cath......just saying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I realize this would be an interesting pick b/c you would still be 4A, still be in Boyle County's crosshairs BUT since Eddie is a young coach and if he is looking long term then let's play "Would you rather"....

From an outsider looking south to this issue, I would pick Lex Cath......just saying.

Is Lex Cath really getting all the talent though?  LCA is rolling and really grabbing up a lot of private school talent throughout Lexington and Douglass is grabbing up a lot of talent as well. Just something to consider... 

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

Is Lex Cath really getting all the talent though?  LCA is rolling and really grabbing up a lot of private school talent throughout Lexington and Douglass is grabbing up a lot of talent as well. Just something to consider... 

I would answer your question like this:  If Eddie is as good as advertised and why Highlands REALLY LOVED him for the few days he was hired, if he went to Lex Cath he could change that melting pot area like another Eddie did in Park Hills....just saying...  Cov Cath was just an average program for the few years prior to Eddie E, then BAM how things turned on a dime for them...

13 hours ago, Tru2theblue said:

Heard something about a coach, from a county touching a county touching Fayette wanting it. A veteran coach.

"...from a county touching a county touching Fayette". So Scott, Bourbon, Clark, Madison, Jessamine, and Woodford Counties all border Fayette, and those counties are bordered by Owen, Grant, Harrison, Bourbon, Montgomery, Powell, Estill, Jackson, Rockcastle, Garrard, Mercer, Anderson, and Franklin Counties.

I'm not particularly sure I've heard the same name as you, but keeping with your riddle thing, one name I've heard tossed out there rhymes with Tim McGee.

7 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I would answer your question like this:  If Eddie is as good as advertised and why Highlands REALLY LOVED him for the few days he was hired, if he went to Lex Cath he could change that melting pot area like another Eddie did in Park Hills....just saying...  Cov Cath was just an average program for the few years prior to Eddie E, then BAM how things turned on a dime for them...

Solid answer. I can get down with that thought process. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

But if Lex Cath does hires a solid or a “grand slam” hire, players will come. Kinda like “If you built it, he/ they will come”. Again I’m going with the theory of what someone stated earlier. A county that touches a county who touches Fayette Co, I’m go with Mercer Co. Think about that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I actually feel different about this with talent. Right now James is getting all the inner city talent from Frankfort. People aren't going to Franklin anymore, they're all going to Franklin. Elkhorn is also producing solid middle school talent year in and year out. 

Like others have mentioned.. with Lexington Catholic you have to keep yours from LCA and FD. Both of those programs are going to get first pickings. 

2 hours ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

But if Lex Cath does hires a solid or a “grand slam” hire, players will come. Kinda like “If you built it, he/ they will come”. Again I’m going with the theory of what someone stated earlier. A county that touches a county who touches Fayette Co, I’m go with Mercer Co. Think about that. 

When I think about it, I think that Coach Buchanan would be an excellent hire for LexCath.  Now everyone, I don't know anything here, I just thought about it like KK suggested. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, theguru said:

When I think about it, I think that Coach Buchanan would be an excellent hire for LexCath.  Now everyone, I don't know anything here, I just thought about it like KK suggested. 

He would be great! And, he should be able to retire from public education at this point.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

When you go to buy those years you find out it is rather expensive.