Open Job: Lexington Catholic

4 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Was Highlands poor on special teams because of the players, lack of scheme and or lack of coaching?

I guess it depends on whom you ask lol. I'm done.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No clue on Coach Engler but LexCath doesn't have to beat the Big 3. 

Personally... If I were LexCath I would give a long hard look to see if someone on LCA's staff wants to move to the HC ranks. You get someone who knows how to navigate Fayette County and has done

When I think about it, I think that Coach Buchanan would be an excellent hire for LexCath.  Now everyone, I don't know anything here, I just thought about it like KK suggested. 

Posted Images

I am not going to get into special teams; but Bob would be first call; however he is where he is called to be.  Son will get there and I sure hope this town recognize a winner when we have one!  My Son loves Coach Sphire and so does his teammates.  Football is fun again.  I totally believe the Birds are in good hands!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bob Sphire is going to go where Bob Sphire can make the most money and set up his son for the future. Right now that is at HHS. I highly doubt Lex Cath can match the coin HHS is paying him plus Bob is getting years towards his KY retirement at HHS which he would not get at Lex Cath. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tru2theblue said:

Heard something about a coach, from a county touching a county touching Fayette wanting it. A veteran coach.

I had to look at a Kentucky map of counties.  You know a county that touches a county that touches Fayette?  Franklin County!!!!!  

When Eddie was doing his presser in Ft Thomas he mentioned that he has a piece of paper of a few schools that he would leave FC for, could LexCath be on that list???

It fits this riddle at least.  He tried to take care of some Unfinished business this year after losing a heartbreaker last year but JC had other ideas about that.

It wouldn't be such a drastic far move, heck he could probably commute if his young family wanted to stay put in their current home.....

3 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I had to look at a Kentucky map of counties.  You know a county that touches a county that touches Fayette?  Franklin County!!!!!  

When Eddie was doing his presser in Ft Thomas he mentioned that he has a piece of paper of a few schools that he would leave FC for, could LexCath be on that list???

It fits this riddle at least.  He tried to take care of some Unfinished business this year after losing a heartbreaker last year but JC had other ideas about that.

It wouldn't be such a drastic far move, heck he could probably commute if his young family wanted to stay put in their current home.....

To me it makes sense that a coach interested in the Highlands job would also be interested in the Lexington Catholic job. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Why would he leave FC, go to a private school, and ditch his KTRS at a young age? Have worked public and private. Both have pension systems, but KTRS far superior. He also would eventually be affected by GEP and WPO as you also pay Social Security in Catholic schools. As you age, winning some football games becomes less important than financial security lol. Let me give you a name....Jim McKee, Scott County.

10 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Bob Sphire is going to go where Bob Sphire can make the most money and set up his son for the future. Right now that is at HHS. I highly doubt Lex Cath can match the coin HHS is paying him plus Bob is getting years towards his KY retirement at HHS which he would not get at Lex Cath. 

Yeah, and he can start drawing full benefits at like 85-90 lol. At Lex Cath for a long time, in Georgia quite a while. KTRS based on years and salary that you PAY retirement on, not what others may be ponying up.