Jump to content

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Personally, I have always viewed Dixie as THE public job in Kenton County public schools, but Simon Kenton isn't far behind. Is it possible all three jobs in the Kenton County district will be open this fall?

I could definitely see that being the case. I can also understand how you could view Dixie as the best job in Kenton Co. I have always felt like they vastly underachieve; going all the way back to Spritzky.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And how!!!  If the perception of maybe not winning a state championship is the sole criteria for someone not taking a position like this I, for one, don't want that candidate anyway.  Give me the comp

Boy you have no idea about Newport prior to BW coming.  It definitely was not a dumpster fire under Joe Wynn.  

This is a GREAT job.  Independence is one of the largest communities in NKY.  SK has indoor and outdoor facilities, average roster size of 75-90 kids, frosh roster of 30-50 kids, and a good booster or

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MOMWOW said:

Brian Weinrich and Jeff Barth have to be in the discussion for the next coach. 

I love the Barth idea, it would definitely be a resume booster to show he can run a much bigger program than WV.  With the facilities stated earlier, it has to be a big jump from what he is dealing with at WV.  Plus it would be a shorter commute for him.  A lot of Pros on the page if he is making a Pros/Cons sheet.  

I am sold, tell me why it isn't a "great" choice?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is another name: Lickert.  Would he hop along to another program?

Don't get me wrong, Barth is my guy unless he turns me down.  Lickert isn't my 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice.....but just throwing his name out there that might want to leave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Here is another name: Lickert.  Would he hop along to another program?

Don't get me wrong, Barth is my guy unless he turns me down.  Lickert isn't my 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice.....but just throwing his name out there that might want to leave.

IMO Lickert is chasing a title(s) to boost his resume to hopefully get the HHS job at some point. A title at NCC is far easier than SK. Like @Jack of all Tradessaid, a title at SK probably isn’t ever happening but you can still win a lot of games. 
 

I don’t know Barth all that well or even his history, so when I ask this, I am not taking a shot at him.  What has he done at WV to make you think he should be the first choice? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

IMO Lickert is chasing a title(s) to boost his resume to hopefully get the HHS job at some point. A title at NCC is far easier than SK. Like @Jack of all Tradessaid, a title at SK probably isn’t ever happening but you can still win a lot of games. 
 

I don’t know Barth all that well or even his history, so when I ask this, I am not taking a shot at him.  What has he done at WV to make you think he should be the first choice? 

What Barth has accomplished is very similar to what Marksberry accomplished at SK. Elevated the program to a level where it can reach the semi-finals in their class. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

IMO Lickert is chasing a title(s) to boost his resume to hopefully get the HHS job at some point. A title at NCC is far easier than SK. Like @Jack of all Tradessaid, a title at SK probably isn’t ever happening but you can still win a lot of games. 
 

I don’t know Barth all that well or even his history, so when I ask this, I am not taking a shot at him.  What has he done at WV to make you think he should be the first choice? 

Here’s an example for you. Barth had a team with 16 seniors and lost 3 key seniors early in the season and 4 more over the rest of the season. Moving some pieces around and plugging in some sophomores, Still found a way to 7-3 in the regular season. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he would throw his hat in for this.  Newport was a dumpster fire before, during and will be after.  I don't think this past year puts any bit of a stain on his resume.  I think this would be a great opportunity if he wants it.  If I were SK I would be making that phone call!

Newport was winning the 3 years before him. He comes in and turns it back into a dumpster fire. May not have been winning the district but was in a district final I believe. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

What Barth has accomplished is very similar to what Marksberry accomplished at SK. Elevated the program to a level where it can reach the semi-finals in their class. 

That would definitely make him a strong candidate then. Thanks for the information 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2021 at 6:05 PM, FrankNicodemus said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he would throw his hat in for this.  Newport was a dumpster fire before, during and will be after.  I don't think this past year puts any bit of a stain on his resume.  I think this would be a great opportunity if he wants it.  If I were SK I would be making that phone call!

Boy you have no idea about Newport prior to BW coming.  It definitely was not a dumpster fire under Joe Wynn.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had someone reach out to me and say that Simon Kenton is hiring Roy Lucas Jr. as their next head football coach.

I can't confirm that, I am just passing it along.

Anyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theguru said:

I just had someone reach out to me and say that Simon Kenton is hiring Roy Lucas Jr. as their next head football coach.

I can't confirm that, I am just passing it along.

Anyone?

This would make sense. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.