Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Tigerpride94 changed the title to Open Job: Simon Kenton
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And how!!!  If the perception of maybe not winning a state championship is the sole criteria for someone not taking a position like this I, for one, don't want that candidate anyway.  Give me the comp

Boy you have no idea about Newport prior to BW coming.  It definitely was not a dumpster fire under Joe Wynn.  

This is a GREAT job.  Independence is one of the largest communities in NKY.  SK has indoor and outdoor facilities, average roster size of 75-90 kids, frosh roster of 30-50 kids, and a good booster or

Posted Images

I'd expect to see Eric Turner from Scott in this discussion. Former longtime Marksberry staffer and current Dayton head coach Jesse Herbst seems like he'll more than likely come up in discussion. I've got a feeling there will be one or two Ryle coaching staffers who get in the mix for discussion here.

Is this the kind of job that hires a first time head coach, at this point?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Curious as to when his retirement goes into effect, with him being the athletic director. Will he have a hand in finding his replacement or leave that up to the school and new AD?

I have heard the baseball coach is the new AD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Curious as to when his retirement goes into effect, with him being the athletic director. Will he have a hand in finding his replacement or leave that up to the school and new AD?

I believe it's 1/1/2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Curious as to when his retirement goes into effect, with him being the athletic director. Will he have a hand in finding his replacement or leave that up to the school and new AD?

My $0.02 is that when any program has a longtime coach retire from a program like this, that school best serves the program to at least involve the retiring coach in the process.

Whether or not the exiting coach actually has a say/vote on which candidates are interviewed or hired, they are bound to have valuable insight on the program as-is, and insight about what things need to be discussed with interviewees, and the kinds of things they are going to have to consider when a new hire comes in and transitions the program into a program of their own.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

My $0.02 is that when any program has a longtime coach retire from a program like this, that school best serves the program to at least involve the retiring coach in the process.

Whether or not the exiting coach actually has a say/vote on which candidates are interviewed or hired, they are bound to have valuable insight on the program as-is, and insight about what things need to be discussed with interviewees, and the kinds of things they are going to have to consider when a new hire comes in and transitions the program into a program of their own.

I want tend to agree with your assessment. And yes the baseball coach is the new AD.  
 

Not sure whether or not he has any interest in being the head coach but I believe Assistant Coach Drake has been there for about 20 years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'd expect to see Eric Turner from Scott in this discussion. Former longtime Marksberry staffer and current Dayton head coach Jesse Herbst seems like he'll more than likely come up in discussion. I've got a feeling there will be one or two Ryle coaching staffers who get in the mix for discussion here.

Is this the kind of job that hires a first time head coach, at this point?

Coach Turner was recently missing from the sidelines.  The speculation here on BGP was that it was some type of disciplinary action.  If so, the timing is horrible for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Curious as to when his retirement goes into effect, with him being the athletic director. Will he have a hand in finding his replacement or leave that up to the school and new AD?

January 1st is what I was told. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

I want tend to agree with your assessment. And yes the baseball coach is the new AD.  
 

Not sure whether or not he has any interest in being the head coach but I believe Assistant Coach Drake has been there for about 20 years. 

Drake has been the defense coordinator and defense has struggled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Steve Funke would be a good hire.

Great Coach but I don't think he'll ever leave Twenhofel. He loves coaching at the MS level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.