Open Job: Simon Kenton

Tigerpride94

3 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Should be alot of coaches applying. SK will return 9 starters on offense and 7 starters on defense. 

Serious question here, and expounds on something someone said previously.  How many coaches with experience really want this job?  There is minimal chance if any to win a state title and honestly recent history aside this program has struggled.  With that said should attention be placed on younger coach with less experience?  Just some random thoughts.

14 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Serious question here, and expounds on something someone said previously.  How many coaches with experience really want this job?  There is minimal chance if any to win a state title and honestly recent history aside this program has struggled.  With that said should attention be placed on younger coach with less experience?  Just some random thoughts.

This is a GREAT job.  Independence is one of the largest communities in NKY.  SK has indoor and outdoor facilities, average roster size of 75-90 kids, frosh roster of 30-50 kids, and a good booster organization.  I think this program has done extremely well over the last 10-15 years.  According to your logic, a job is not good unless it is Trinity or X.  SK may not ever win a state championship but that does not make it a bad job.  I'd expect some very qualified coaches to apply.  Good luck to SK. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Footballfan5 said:

This is a GREAT job.  Independence is one of the largest communities in NKY.  SK has indoor and outdoor facilities, average roster size of 75-90 kids, frosh roster of 30-50 kids, and a good booster organization.  I think this program has done extremely well over the last 10-15 years.  According to your logic, a job is not good unless it is Trinity or X.  SK may not ever win a state championship but that does not make it a bad job.  I'd expect some very qualified coaches to apply.  Good luck to SK. 

And how!!!  If the perception of maybe not winning a state championship is the sole criteria for someone not taking a position like this I, for one, don't want that candidate anyway.  Give me the competitor that take on that challenge.  THAT's the guy I want.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Think again Independence is building about 1000 more houses in the area.

33 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Think again Independence is building about 1000 more houses in the area.

Redistricting will be coming. It almost happened a few years ago, but was put on hold. Some of what is currently in SK’s district is going to shift. 

11 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

If he would have played his cards right and been the DC at Beechwood rather than contributing to the dumpster fire at Newport, it would not have surprised me if Brian Weinrich would have been a top candidate for this job. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he would throw his hat in for this.  Newport was a dumpster fire before, during and will be after.  I don't think this past year puts any bit of a stain on his resume.  I think this would be a great opportunity if he wants it.  If I were SK I would be making that phone call!

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he would throw his hat in for this.  Newport was a dumpster fire before, during and will be after.  I don't think this past year puts any bit of a stain on his resume.  I think this would be a great opportunity if he wants it.  If I were SK I would be making that phone call!

I agree, mostly, with you. However, Newport was doing pretty well before BW showed up. Between the disaster that was the end of his tenure at HHS and then this year at Newport, I think his resume too a hit. 

I truly wish that Brian would have stayed at Beechwood as the DC. He was phenomenal at that role and anyone who says otherwise is ignorant. A year or two away from being a head coach and reflecting on what worked and didn’t work when he was a HC I think would have gone a long way. 

On 11/19/2021 at 7:40 PM, rjs4470 said:

Redistricting will be coming. It almost happened a few years ago, but was put on hold. Some of what is currently in SK’s district is going to shift. 

Thank you for answering my question. If, and it sounds like it is a big if, Kenton Co continues to be open enrollment, then SK is THE public job in Kenton Co and one of the best in NKY. They have facilities, their at the top academically in Kenton Co. public, and have had recent success. 

However, if open enrollment changes, I think SK, and honestly, Dixie and Scott return to very mediocre programs. 

14 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Thank you for answering my question. If, and it sounds like it is a big if, Kenton Co continues to be open enrollment, then SK is THE public job in Kenton Co and one of the best in NKY. They have facilities, their at the top academically in Kenton Co. public, and have had recent success. 

However, if open enrollment changes, I think SK, and honestly, Dixie and Scott return to very mediocre programs. 

Personally, I have always viewed Dixie as THE public job in Kenton County public schools, but Simon Kenton isn't far behind. Is it possible all three jobs in the Kenton County district will be open this fall?