Covington Catholic 38 Highlands 8

2 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Not sure if that makes up for 20+ points.

Again I am not saying it, but again if you watched the first game he was a man among boys.  Now I have to agree that Cov Cath ran hard and was at another gear, but again how many first downs the birds had the first half?  The boys were small.  Another year in the weight room and the Sophs get better.   Work hard and I believe good things are ahead.  I honestly do!!!

12 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Lots of Geisler talk before the game.

What's the verdict after seeing him play, folks?

He is a sophomore who I expect will have a break out year next year.  I am interested to see how this staff handles his basketball playing.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

There have been more losing seasons in last 7 or 8 years than in the history of the program.  

3 losing seasons in last 8 yrs. 

2014: 13-2

2015: 8-6

2016: 3-8

2017: 6-6

2018: 10-3

2019: 6-5

2020: 5-6

2021: 5-6

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

And how many were there in the 100 years prior to these three?  I am sure you have access to that information.

According to the highlands-bluebirds website, it looks like 8 losing seasons prior to the 3.  

2 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Maybe what needs to happen is quit telling these kids they are the next coming and encouraging them to work hard to get better as football players.  Not sure this type of stuff is good for the program as a whole.

Maybe what else needs to happen, is getting the facts straight, js.. have a good one.