Halloween Talk: Ghosts, Witches, Necromancy, and 666

I do not believe in ghosts. I believe witchcraft exists. I do not think we can contact spirits of the dead. I think people are not lying when they say that they have seen things. I just don't believe they are seeing ghosts or spirits. If you were to see a spirit or ghost of your deceased grandfather, it isn't really them.

There are only 2 possibilities of what happens to a person the moment they die...

1. They immediately go to Heaven or Hell and there is a chasm that separates them from earth forever. They can never cross over or come back.

2. The soul sleeps in the grave until Jesus comes back, then the dead rise out of the grave and we all go to heaven together with him while those that are lost rise out of the grave and are separated from God.

I believe #2 but either one negates the possibility of ghosts.

• Thanks 1
On 11/1/2021 at 8:27 PM, PP1 said:

I do not believe in ghosts. I believe witchcraft exists. I do not think we can contact spirits of the dead. I think people are not lying when they say that they have seen things. I just don't believe they are seeing ghosts or spirits. If you were to see a spirit or ghost of your deceased grandfather, it isn't really them.

There are only 2 possibilities of what happens to a person the moment they die...

1. They immediately go to Heaven or Hell and there is a chasm that separates them from earth forever. They can never cross over or come back.

2. The soul sleeps in the grave until Jesus comes back, then the dead rise out of the grave and we all go to heaven together with him while those that are lost rise out of the grave and are separated from God.

I believe #2 but either one negates the possibility of ghosts.

I don't know if this takes us off the purpose of your post but #2 is often referred to as "soul sleep."  I've heard some pretty good arguments for this stance.  

You note that the "Lost" are separated from God.  

But are the lost forever out of God's sight?  If God is Omnipresent, as orthodoxy has long held, then God has to be present not only in heaven but also Hell. 

Dr. William Hendricks at Southern once presented us with this thought in Theology class.  He described Hell as the "ulcer in God's stomach."  God is present, even in Hell.  But relationship has been fractured and broken.  He referred to this thought by saying:  "Which punishment is worse.  To be sent to your room out of sight and mind of your parents you have offended, or to have to sit in the same room with the relationship broken and seeing the disappointment in their faces?"  

Just a thought when I read your post.