Halloween Talk: Ghosts, Witches, Necromancy, and 666

PP1

I do not believe in ghosts. I believe witchcraft exists. I do not think we can contact spirits of the dead. I think people are not lying when they say that they have seen things. I just don't believe they are seeing ghosts or spirits. If you were to see a spirit or ghost of your deceased grandfather, it isn't really them.

There are only 2 possibilities of what happens to a person the moment they die...

1. They immediately go to Heaven or Hell and there is a chasm that separates them from earth forever. They can never cross over or come back.

2. The soul sleeps in the grave until Jesus comes back, then the dead rise out of the grave and we all go to heaven together with him while those that are lost rise out of the grave and are separated from God.

I believe #2 but either one negates the possibility of ghosts.

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2021 at 8:27 PM, PP1 said:

I do not believe in ghosts. I believe witchcraft exists. I do not think we can contact spirits of the dead. I think people are not lying when they say that they have seen things. I just don't believe they are seeing ghosts or spirits. If you were to see a spirit or ghost of your deceased grandfather, it isn't really them.

There are only 2 possibilities of what happens to a person the moment they die...

1. They immediately go to Heaven or Hell and there is a chasm that separates them from earth forever. They can never cross over or come back.

2. The soul sleeps in the grave until Jesus comes back, then the dead rise out of the grave and we all go to heaven together with him while those that are lost rise out of the grave and are separated from God.

I believe #2 but either one negates the possibility of ghosts.

I don't know if this takes us off the purpose of your post but #2 is often referred to as "soul sleep."  I've heard some pretty good arguments for this stance.  

You note that the "Lost" are separated from God.  

But are the lost forever out of God's sight?  If God is Omnipresent, as orthodoxy has long held, then God has to be present not only in heaven but also Hell. 

Dr. William Hendricks at Southern once presented us with this thought in Theology class.  He described Hell as the "ulcer in God's stomach."  God is present, even in Hell.  But relationship has been fractured and broken.  He referred to this thought by saying:  "Which punishment is worse.  To be sent to your room out of sight and mind of your parents you have offended, or to have to sit in the same room with the relationship broken and seeing the disappointment in their faces?"  

Just a thought when I read your post.  

• 2 months later...
Just now, The Professor said:

I’m not saying they don’t exist but I’ve never seen anything that would convince me that they do.  
I just have a hard time believing in the supernatural, magic and such. My beliefs are in the natural world. 

I watch a lot of paranormal videos and many of them are very compelling. 

Oh, and I would never tell any of my "witch friends" that I don't believe in witches, that would be real bad karma. 

I think anything that is seen that looks unusual or supernatural actually has a natural explanation. It’s not always easy to decipher that explanation but it’s most likely the cause. 
Also, some things that are witnessed are actually seen, such as ghost, spirits, etc, but originate in the human brain. The eyes and brain can play tricks on us humans with hallucinations and other avenues to seeing something that’s not there. And the effect is even greater if one has a disposition to believe in that sort of thing to start with. 
As far as the videos, I’ve seen some of them. There’s a few sites on YouTube that break some of them down and debunk them as frauds and hoaxes. But that’s not the case in all of them. Those would fall under the unexplained. Unexplained but most likely an earthly and natural explanation that simply not revealing to the observer. 

2 minutes ago, The Professor said:

I think anything that is seen that looks unusual or supernatural actually has a natural explanation. It’s not always easy to decipher that explanation but it’s most likely the cause. 
Also, some things that are witnessed are actually seen, such as ghost, spirits, etc, but originate in the human brain. The eyes and brain can play tricks on us humans with hallucinations and other avenues to seeing something that’s not there. And the effect is even greater if one has a disposition to believe in that sort of thing to start with. 
As far as the videos, I’ve seen some of them. There’s a few sites on YouTube that break some of them down and debunk them as frauds and hoaxes. But that’s not the case in all of them. Those would fall under the unexplained. Unexplained but most likely an earthly and natural explanation that simply not revealing to the observer. 

If you want to watch mostly "high end" videos this is a great show to watch:

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/paranormal-caught-on-camera

With that said, I can tell you on many, many of the videos I say no way, no chance.  Many other videos I am somewhere in between, and on some of them I think it is solid evidence of paranormal activity.  Also, they usually include a UFO video on each episode and in my opinion those almost always look legit to me.  No different than you can find on many Facebook pages that post videos every day, many of them that appear to be solid evidence of UFOs. 

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

If you want to watch mostly "high end" videos this is a great show to watch:

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/paranormal-caught-on-camera

With that said, I can tell you on many, many of the videos I say no way, no chance.  Many other videos I am somewhere in between, and on some of them I think it is solid evidence of paranormal activity.  Also, they usually include a UFO video on each episode and in my opinion those almost always look legit to me.  No different than you can find on many Facebook pages that post videos every day, many of them that appear to be solid evidence of UFOs. 

I’ll watch it. 👍

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 3:34 PM, theguru said:

I do believe in them. 

Kind of depends on what you mean when you say "ghosts." I believe people see things, but if someone sees there dead parent or friend sitting on the couch or standing in their house, it is not really the parent of friend sitting or standing there. It could be the power of suggestion, imagination, emotion, some kind of substance, or a familiar spirit.