Franklin County at Corbin Predictions/Updates 

Franklin County vs. Corbin  

39 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2021 at 11:00 PM

Franklin County flys south for highly anticipated Corbin clash

Records: Corbin (2-0), Franklin County (2-0)

BGP Ranking: Corbin (#2 in 4A), Franklin County(#3 in 4A)

Series History: First ever meeting

Table Setter: Franklin County/Central and Boyle County/LexCath might have something to say before it's all said and done, but this is an early contender for regular season game of the year in 4A. Those other match-ups have the added importance of district implications where a playoff rematch would serve as the gateway to a potentially deep postseason run, but this game unquestionably shimmers like a diamond when scanning the Week 3 schedule. 

Franklin County has mauled its first two opponents by an average margin of 45 points. Last week's drubbing of Western Hills played out as expected, but Week 1's beat down of perennial contender Scott County had folks grasping for the right words to do the Flyers' performance justice. Corbin has been nearly as impressive, with a season opening win over highly regarded Christ School (NC) and a 45-0 rout of rival Whitley County. The win over Whitley was made all the more impressive by the fact that Corbin got it done with a freshman taking the snaps in place of QB1.

UK commit Treyveon Longmire, top prospect Dakota Patterson, running back Seth Mills, and quarterback Cameron Combs (assuming he's a go) are a few standouts to watch for the Redhounds. The Flyers will counter with some heavy hitters of their own, including Power 5 prospect Kaden Moorman, receiver Zach Claudio, TE/LB Peyton Ledford, and QB/LB Jayden Mattison.

Campbell Field is the place to be this Friday night as two of the top three teams in 4A look to test their mettle against a contemporary title contender. Let the hype begin....

5l7l30.thumb.jpg.fe2731f9110287ef4ec448ac2713f5a8.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

This is a game that Corbin needs to gain some footing as a real contender instead of one on paper. I like our chances. We shall see...........

Agreed. Of the top tier in 4A, Corbin is the team with the most to prove. I believe they have the horses, they just need to put a signature victory in the win column. It's right in front of them.

This is the premier matchup in 4A.  Yes, Corbin is the one team in the top 4A tier with the most to prove.  I do think they have the horses for a deep playoff push...  I just think the Flyers are clicking at a faster rate right now.  

FC 28

Corbin 14

• Like 1

Unpopular Opinion: This game won’t be close. The Flyers are playing on a different level right now and I’m not talking offensively. The defense is disciplined and hard nose and despite losing some personnel last year to graduation they seem to have plugged the holes. Give me the ugly birds in this one.

FC-42

Corbin- 7

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Unpopular? Heck everyone has picked against Corbin according to the poll on this thread. Awesome. We need to earn everyone’s respect. That’s what I have been saying. 

It’s Unpopular because I never pick the ugly birds! Not because they are the favorite.

• Like 1

I dont pick them either lol. Just kidding. I think Franklin County is doing well right now as a program and am happy for them. At least we are playing football. Ill give them compliments. Love there defense approach with those linebackers.  Mooreman is a beast. I cant wait!

• Like 2

The game being played at Corbin will be big IMO. That’s a tough place to play and I am sure it will be rocking!  
While some will argue Male St X is a premier game, this will be the best HS football atmosphere in the state this weekend. Good luck to both teams!

• Like 2