Mercy 76 Rose Hill 51

Final. One interesting statistic is that, when Rose Hill had its three top seniors in the game, it outscored Mercy by 16 points. When one or more of the three was on the bench because of foul trouble, Mercy outscored Rose Hill by 41 points. Thus, the 25 point final margin.

Most of the fouls were unnecessary so, if they can cut down on the gifts and if one or two of the other girls steps up a little, the team will surprise a lot of teams later in the season.

Final. One interesting statistic is that, when Rose Hill had its three top seniors in the game, it outscored Mercy by 16 points. When one or more of the three was on the bench because of foul trouble, Mercy outscored Rose Hill by 41 points. Thus, the 25 point final margin.

Most of the fouls were unnecessary so, if they can cut down on the gifts and if one or two of the other girls steps up a little, the team will surprise a lot of teams later in the season.

It's just hard to play 5 on 3 against a good team. I don't care how good the 3 are. We played RH last year, and when they went to their bench there was a big drop off.

It's a shame how Laura Terry was treated by one official...who made three horrible calls on her...the worst of which he justified by telling Coach Euton, "I told her twice to get her hand off the other player." This, while the two players were standing on the foul line waiting for the ball to cross mid-court...Terry simply maintaining contact with her opponent.

As much as I and others complain about officials, it is mostly a fun part of being a spectator, a way to vent and seldom do those same officials really dictate the outcome of a game. Not so last night...the guy just took a kid out a game in which he and his partner allowed physical play all over the court and throughout the entire contest.

Congratulations Emily for a very good game and a great effort. That kind of heart is contagious.

Emily showed a lot of leadership. For much of the game, she had to carry the load pretty much alone.

Laura does seem to draw a lot of attention from officials. She must learn to play with that in mind because, if you think it is bad now, wait until we have 16th Region officials.

It's a shame how Laura Terry was treated by one official...who made three horrible calls on her...the worst of which he justified by telling Coach Euton, "I told her twice to get her hand off the other player." This, while the two players were standing at the foul line waiting for the ball to cross mid-court...Terry simply maintaining contact with her opponent.

As much as I and others complain about officials, it is mostly a fun part of being a spectator, a way to vent and seldom do those same officials really dictate the outcome of a game. Not so last night...the guy just took a kid out a game in which he and his partner allowed physical play all over the court and throughout the entire contest.

Congratulations Emily for a very good game and a great effort. That kind of heart is contagious.

This is your example of horrible officiating?

This is your example of horrible officiating?

Terry stood next to her oppenent with hand on her side...as is done by every inside player on both ends of the court and throughout the entire game...and every game. The ball was passed to the offensive player and immediately the whistle blew.

There is more contact allowed on the ball at the guard spot than what Terry initiated in this instance in the paint. It was a cheap and needless call...and not by any means the only example one could site from the game.

Terry stood next to her oppenent with hand on her side...as is done by every inside player on both ends of the court and throughout the entire game...and every game. The ball was passed to the offensive player and immediately the whistle blew.

There is more contact allowed on the ball at the guard spot than what Terry initiated in this instance in the paint. It was a cheap and needless call...and not by any means the only example one could site from the game.[/quote

That is a different mental image from the one I took from the earlier post. I took it as hand checking. I understand your problem with it after the explanation, however.

Emily showed a lot of leadership. For much of the game, she had to carry the load pretty much alone.

Laura does seem to draw a lot of attention from officials. She must learn to play with that in mind because, if you think it is bad now, wait until we have 16th Region officials.

I hope they (16th Region Officials) turn their other cheek...and are strong enough to overlook people who bash them on public forums...

Hope you have a Wonderful Christmas and a Great Service on Christmas Eve.

I hope they (16th Region Officials) turn their other cheek...and are strong enough to overlook people who bash them on public forums...

If they are professional this shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, yeah, yeah...I get it..."turn their other cheek"...you've made a biblical allusion...and the point is...and man, you're good, because it is really subtle...people at Rose Hill are supposed to be Christians, and (how do I convey that self-righteous sneer in print) they're not supposed to be critical of anything...because that's just...well, you know...intolerant.

And, well, you...wow, what a lesson here....you manage to get your digs in from high atop your moral mountain and are gracious enough to then extend to Scooterbob a warm Christmas wish...and with capital letters.

Scooterbob, shame on you.

Oh, yeah, yeah...I get it..."turn their other cheek"...you've made a biblical allusion...and the point is...and man, you're good, because it is really subtle...people at Rose Hill are supposed to be Christians, and (how do I convey that self-righteous sneer in print) they're not supposed to be critical of anything...because that's just...well, you know...intolerant.

And, well, you...wow, what a lesson here....you manage to get your digs in from high atop your moral mountain and are gracious enough to then extend to Scooterbob a warm Christmas wish...and with capital letters.

Scooterbob, shame on you.

Nobody said anything about the people at Rose Hill, it was simply a dig at scooterbob...man you got defensive....

I guess dishing it out is a lot easier then taking it...

Merry Christmas

Which cheeks do you expect them to turn?

Nobody said anything about the people at Rose Hill, it was simply a dig at scooterbob...man you got defensive....

I guess dishing it out is a lot easier then taking it...

Merry Christmas

Keep it coming...no problem taking it here. I simply grow weary of those who seem to think officials are beyond criticism...and in this case the slightest of such...and then liken it to having been smitten.

And for the record, you cheapen the truth of the text to which you made reference when you use it in such a fashion.